Chapter 9

I can't believe I am actually doing this. "Shot." "Will you go to Arkansas with me for Christmas? It is okay if you don't want to my family is sometimes too much to handle but i want you to meet them." I am just rambling. "I would love to meet your family and see where you are from." I should warn him about what happens in Arkansas. "Are you sure? My family can be a little intense. They are not afraid to speak their minds. I did move halfway across the country to get away." "As long as you are there I will be fine. When do we leave?" "In 3 days. We will be gone for 3 day. We will be back in time for the show on the 26. My plane will pick us after the show on the 22." "Your plane?" "My family has a private plane." "Okay. Can I ask you something?" I knew exactly what his was about to say. "My family does have a lot of money. I do have a trust fund. I am a millionaire, but I don't use my families money I save it for later in my life." "Well that is good to know since we are being open about our lives. I was actually going to ask, how many Christmases will we be attending?" Shit! I just assumed. FUCK!" We have to go to 4 because I got out of like 4." I think his jaw hit the floor. "Too many people have gotten divorced." "Thank you for opening up to me, Blake." I feel asleep in his arms.

We were about to land in Arkansas. I think I am more nervous than Daveed. He squeezed my hand as we got off the plane. My brother was there to pick us up. "Hey C." "Hey Blake. How have you been doing?" "Working barely getting any time to rest." "Don't you have Mondays off." "Yeah. I use Mondays to pay bills and go grocery shopping. You remember Daveed?" "Yes. You were the one who got us the 5 tickets, and by the way you were really good." "Thanks." Daveed wrapped his arm around my waist. Christopher just smiled and took a picture. "If you post that anywhere I will sue you." Daveed looked really confused. "Don't worry we have never actually sued each other. It is how deal with our anger, usually, rather than getting physical." "He used to push me and just watch me sway after doing it, and this was when I was first learning to talk." It was weird coming home and not being in walking distance from everything. There are more people in New York City than in all of Arkansas. I don't think Daveed has ever been to a town this small that does not have a big city around it. Where my dad's family lives has about 72,000 people, and where my mom lives there are about 197,000 since it is the state capitol.

It is December 23. Tonight we are having Christmas with my half-sister, her husband, my half-brother, and my brother at my dad and stepmom's house. This is our smaller Christmas before my dad's whole family celebrates on Christmas eve. It actually went really good. Everyone was on their best behavior. Even though it was kinda awkward. I mean I just didn't how it would go. I like living in New York and my life being a secret. Everyone wanted to know how we met and everything about Daveed. I did not think I was ready for love, but I finally know I was.

MORE IS TO COME TONIGHT. DO Y'ALL THINK I SHOULD BECOME A PLAYWRIGHT.

- L