Part 13 Hello...

Haley pulled in her car in driveway at Amber's house, the first thing she wanted to do in the morning was to check on her when Maria had spent entire night at there. She snatched her key from the igniter and locked her car, throwing key up in the air then catching it with her left hand and walked towards the door. She had to make sure that everything was alright with Amber given Maria stayed the entire night didn't help Haley's anxiety. Perhaps, the girl should have come here when Amber had told her about Maria sleeping in Marina's room. But the late night and thunder storm wouldn't let her drive all the way to her house without any chance of accident. She rang the doorbell twice, tapping her foot impatiently that Amber should have answered the door.

"Amber!" She called aloud knocking at the door with the knuckles of her closed fist. She pressed her ear against the door, no sound...no sigh of what she had been half dreading to hear. She tucked the curls of her hair back behind her ears and looked around to find a flower pot. She knelt down and started digging the brown soil of pot with her fingers to find a spare key. She pulled out small key that Amber's mother kept hidden in the pot for the time when Amber doesn't have key with her. She snuffed holding the silvery key with her mud blotched hands, not a good way to start the morning given her off white shirt also got stained in front of her bust. She put the key in the keyhole, twisting it around that opened the door. She met with the warm draft of the living room with no one in the sight, except for the two empty mugs with last dregs of coffee on the table that her blazing eyes caught a glimpse of. She went straight to Marina's room, slamming the door against the wall as she barged inside the room and the loud noise woke up Maria who sat up staring at Haley. Haley stomped towards the bed and grabbed Maria by her arm, almost bruising her with the force her hand was clenching her arm and yanked her out off the bed with a tug. Haley pulled confused Maria out of the room and threw her around to face her pushing her back.

"Haley, what's the meaning of this?" Maria holding onto her arm looked up at Haley who was sending her death glares. Haley shifted on her heels without wasting much time and picked up Maria's books along with her cellphone  throwing them at her face.

"Take your stuff and get out!", Haley yelled at Maria who was wiping trickle of blood at the corner of her mouth with thumb pad; the hooked shape pointy edge of her cellphone charm scraped her lip when Haley threw phone at her face.

"Haley!", Amber shouted standing on the steps of stairs in her night clothes. She looked between Maria's bleeding lip and Haley who had her hands tightened in fists at her sides.
"What are you doing?" Amber quickly descended the stairs  in her slippers and tugged at Haley's arm shaking her with a jerk.
 "What did you do?"
"You're asking me? Me? Amber..."
"It's my house!" Amber yelled on Haley's face and pushed her off making her stumble against the lip of couch.
"Amb..."

Amber turned to Maria wiping sliver of blood at the corner of her lips with digit of her thumb pressing on it a little.
"I apologize on her behalf she's sometimes..."
"It's okay. I'm fine no big deal"

Haley stared at Amber in utter shock, she's taking side of Maria over her best friend. She hugged her own chest, wrapping arms around her ribs in almost suffocating manner.
"I'll see you two at hospital", her voice wavered when she met Amber's indifferent gaze, almost as if she's seeing a stranger in her friend's body. She bit her lip trying to hold back any bitter words and left from there after placing the spare key on the table.

"Sorry for worrying for you"

"I'm sorry you guys got on each other because of ..."

 "No, we don't...haven't..." Amber stared at Maria, who licked corner of her lip hissing and Amber's eyes travelled from Maria's questioning eyes to her lips. She leaned forward, brushing her lower lip with her thumb pad resisting the urge to suck on her own digit to have a taste of her.