Prologue

I twist the knife around in my hand as a smirk paints into my face.

"Oh, Travis."

"N-No! G-Go away! I don't want to d-die yet!"

I chuckle at his innocence, "You're a target.." I pause.

I throw my knife at the wall, "Your time is already up." I snarl. I hear Travis' whimpers and cries.

Travis squeaks as he hears the knife colliding with the wall.

"Make this easy for both of us and come out already. You can only hide for so long."

"G-GO AWAY!"

I chuckle once again,

"You think it's that easy to get rid of a serial killer?"

I wait a second for his response, but it's only silence.

"But it isn't." I pull my knife out of the wall and continue to walk the halls.

"Travis!" I bellow, my voice echoing thru the halls.

"W-What?" He whimpers.

"Where are you?!" I question, looking into every room I come across.

"S-Somewhe--" Travis cuts himself off.

"Zane... Let's play hide and seek. You find me, you get to kill me. If you don't find me, then I live." Travis negotiates. I think for a moment, "Deal." I lie.

Either way this kid is going to die.

Silence fills his house, the only noise made are his shaky breaths and the echo of my footsteps.

Suddenly,
To break the silence...

Travis' house alarm goes off.

Beep! Beep!

Travis has left the house.

I growl and curse under my breath.

I run out Travis' front door and chase him thru the front yard. I then corner Travis into his garage, "This is the end..." I take a breath, "Any last words?" I question. Travis looks at me with big green eyes, both filled with fright.

"Y-Yes."

"Then say those words before I dig this knife into your neck."

"I-I--" He gets cut off by someone screaming.

"HEY! LET THE MAN GO! THE POLICE ARE HERE." Someone bellows.

I glare into Travis' soul, "Did you call them!?" I ask. Travis shakes his head no at a rapid pace.

I turn my head in the direction of the police, "THEN WHO DID?" I yell. I start to dig the knife into Travis' skin. Someone I didn't expect steps out of the crowd of police. Travis and I glance at each other, then at the man once again.

"I did." He says.

"VYLAD?!" Travis and I question in unison. Before anyone can say anything else, I feel my knife being ripped from my grasp. My wrists are taken in a tight grip and wrapped behind my back, only to be covered with the cold metal of handcuffs.

I get pulled away from Travis, who's now being taken into an ambulance to go to the hospital.

"Put your head down!" The officer commands. They took my weapon, so there's no use in fighting back. I somberly put my head down as an officer pushes me into the black and white car. I look down to my feet.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

•Timeskip•

I curl my fingers around the cold bars of a cell. I look down at the orange suit they forced upon me.

Orange is not my color.

"Zane Ro'Meave? You have a visitor." An officer informs. I look up and see the officer that told me.

My brother.

"Take me to him, Garroth." I say. He walks over and unlocks my cell, taking me out by the arm. "Who turned you in? I swore not to." Garroth whispers a question into my ear. I stop and look up at him.

"Vylad did." I reply. Garroth's jaw drops, but he keeps both of us walking. "We'll speak later." Garroth says as he lets me down into a chair. I pick up a phone and wait for someone to show up on the other end. The person that I least expected to show up on the other end does.

Travis.

Travis Valcrum.

"What're you doing here? I tried to kill you!" I exclaim. In that moment that he didn't say anything.. I see a bandage around his neck where my knife was earlier, "I came to visit you. Give you another chance. I'm bailing you out." Travis replies. My eyes widen.

"But.."
"I"
"Tried"
"To"
"Kill"
"You"
I space out all of those words, "Oh... I know. But I need to say my last words.. Right?" Travis questions both me, and himself. I look down at my wrists, "No.." I grumble. "Live your life while you can. Once I get out of here, I'll still be assigned to kill you." I inform. Travis sighs, "I don't care." He pauses, "You're crazy and I'm going to make you sane." He says.

A breathy chuckle escapes my mouth as I look up at him.

"I'm already crazy, dear."

****

A/N: Written by CarWritesFanfic