Chapter 7

Written by: UntameableWriter

-+=- ~ -=+=- ~ -=+=- ~ -=+=- 

I forget all about the red gas tank and found myself walking in the direction where I had heard Vylad's voice. His voice was all I was focused on at the current moment and I ignored all other noises though I soon paused my walking and stood there.

Did I really want to confront him at some gas station? 

I slipped one of my hands into my pocket just to be reminded of the lack of my knife. My hand clenched into a fist as I looked off to the side not quite sure myself what I was looking for or what I was looking at. I took my hand out of my pocket and sighed.

I could still hear his voice from where I stood and contemplated my choices. This might be my only chance to confront him. What would I even say when I do so? Only Irene knows. .

Taking a deep breath, I began walking once again towards the direction of Vylad's voice. Though once I got there, the brunette was nowhere to be seen. I furrowed my brows as I looked around before noticing a car beginning to drive off. Darn it, I was too late.

My gaze lingered on the car as they wandered towards the license plate on the vehicle. "VR19D67." I whispered under my breath. I repeated that a couple of times until I was certain that it stuck into my brain. Looks like I'm going to have to book another visit with Garroth it seemed.

I simply stood there and continued to repeat the license plate in my head. I couldn't believe that I had the chance and I let him slip past. It took me a couple of minutes before I remembered what I was originally doing at the gas station.

Making my way back to those red gas tanks, I did what I needed and started my walk back to Travis. Many thoughts wandered to my head during my walk back. Why was I even returning to him? I could easily run off and he would have no idea until it was too late.

These thoughts didn't seem to stop my legs from moving as I continued walking towards the direction of Travis.

By the time I reached his car, I noticed through the car windows that he seemed to be resting slightly. I dragged the gas tank to the car door and loudly knocked on the glass to wake him up. He woke up with a small jump and his eyes wandered everywhere before they rested on to me.

I took a step back as Travis opened the car door and got out of the car and grabbed the tank to fill the car up with gas. He gave me a quiet, yet audible, thanks while walking past me. I responded with a simple nod and entered the car to plop down on the passenger's seat.

Travis didn't spend too long and soon enough entered the car himself. I turn my head over to him and stared at him, well mostly at the small bags underneath his eyes. "If you want I could drive." I offered just like I did earlier, but I received the same answer like before.

"No. It's fine," Travis stated, his eyes flickering over to me before returning to the road in front of him. He started the car and soon began to drive.

I sighed softly and looked out the window. It doesn't matter to me anyway if he doesn't want to take up my offer and get some rest. 

Minutes passed and we stayed in total silence throughout the entire car ride. Luckily, we reached his place and got out the car and into the house. Without saying a word, I quickly made my way to the room I was staying in.

I could hear his footsteps walking past my door along with the sound of a door opening and closing, signifying that Travis just went to his own room. I made my way to the bed and pulled the knife out from under the bed. A slight smile tugged at my lips as I traced my finger along the blade. I placed the knife back to its hiding spot and got on the bed, laying on my back. I wasn't going to let Vylad get away the next time I see him.