Chapter 12

Many hours of work later, it is finally closing time. I was wiping down the tables while John, the cook, was cleaning his area in the back. "Alright Blaire. I'm off. You going to be alright closing up?" He asked pulling on his jacket and zipping it up. "Ya I'll be fine." I told him moving to another table.

"You sure? I don't like leaving you here all alone." He asked worriedly. "John, I'll be fine. My boyfriend should be here soon anyway." I told him hoping that will calm him down. He nodded and left the diner with a goodbye. I wiped down the last few tables and was about to go put the rage away and get my stuff when a shadow outside under a street lamp caught my eye. Walking closer to one of the windows, it felt like my world was crashing down. The shadow is my ex, the one who killed my family.

Closing my eyes I count to five before opening them again hoping he would just vanish but he is still there. I watched as he started making his way over to the diner. Looking at the door I notice it's still unlocked. Running over, I get there just in time to lock it before he can open it. Now we were just standing there looking at each other, the only barrier between us is the glass of the door.

The loud ringing of my phone broke the silence. Keeping my eyes on him, I reach down into my apron pouch and grabbed my phone. Hitting the answer button I brought my phone to my ear. "Hello?" I asked still keeping my gaze on him. "Hey baby, sorry I'm a little late. I lost track of time. I'm almost there." I heard Jӧrgen's voice say over the phone. Just then there were a pair of headlights turning a corner. It was in that instance that he left. I watched him walk the opposite way the headlights came and into the dark.

"Baby? Blaire?" I heard Jӧrgen call bringing me out from watching him walk away. "Ya?" I mumbled looking at the car that pulled up to the curb. I watched Jӧrgen step out and come to the door. It took me a moment to realize I needed to unlock the door. When I did he walked in and closed it behind him. "Blaire, you look like you've seen a ghost. What's wrong?" He asked bringing my face into his hands and gently rubbing his thumbs over my cheeks.

"He's back." I mumbled. "Who's back?" He asked and I finally looked at him. "My ex, the one who killed my family. He's back. He was here but walked away when we saw the headlights." I told him and I could feel his hands tighten around my head but not enough to hurt.

"Did he come inside?" He asked through gritted teeth. Shaking my head I said, "No, I got to the door and locked it just in time." He let go of my face and paced around a little bit before looking back at me. "Come on. We're going to my place. It's not safe for you to be on your own." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door but I stopped him. "Jӧrgen wait, I have to get my stuff." He nodded and let go of my hand.

Rushing into the back I grabbed my bag went back to where Jӧrgen is, shutting off lights as I went. Shutting off the main light, we walked outside into the night. Locking the door, Jӧrgen pulled me towards his awaiting car and opens the door for me. Once inside he shuts the door and walks over to his and comes inside. The whole ride to his place was quiet and I was glad for it because I didn't feel like talking.

Soon enough we came up to a big building. Jӧrgen got out and came to my door, opening and helping me out. Holding onto his arm, I let him walk us into the building. Upon entering the first thing that I noticed was how amazing it looks, even though it's just the foyer. I was gently pulled towards the stairs. "I'll give you a tour later. It's late and you should get some sleep." He said tugging me all the way up to the top floor.

" He said tugging me all the way up to the top floor