Chapter 1

"Connie , there's a patient in cubical 2" Rita said to her as she handed Connie a file as she left her office.
"Yes well I'd hope there was a patient in every cubical since this is an ED and we should have all hands on deck" Connie replied as the took the file and walked away.
She entered the cubical, finding a teenage boy around 17 or 18 sat on the bed.
"What seems to be problem?" Connie asked as she looked at the boy.
He held his hand up to her, revealing the cut on his hand.
"Right, I'll sort that out for you. What's your name and how old are you?" she said.
"Mason, I'm 17 and before you ask, no there isn't anyone I'd like you to call for me. Well... Unless you know my dad" Mason said.

"Mason I'm a good doctor, a great one in fact, but being a great doctor doesn't make me a mind reader. I need a name for him" Connie told him as she cleaned up his hand.
"He's a nurse here, or so I heard. That's if I'm even finding the right guy. Jacob, Jacob Masters" Mason replied.
Connie stepped back, her eyes wide with shock, "Jacob? Jacob Masters?" she asked.
"Hmm, do you know him?" Mason said.
Connie placed her hand on her bump, still looking at him in shock, "I... Err sorry I'll have to check for you. 17 did you say you were?" she responded.
"Yeah" he nodded.
"Right, when's your birthday? For your records and such" Connie lied.
"January 24th 1999" Mason told her.

Connie nodded then very quickly retreated out of the cubical, shock, horror, sadness and confusion all written on her face.
"Con, baby what's wrong?" Jacob asked her.
"He's dead, he must be dead. We were there, he was dead" she mumbled.
"Who's dead? Sweetcheeks you're not making any sense" he replied.
"Mason. He's dead, we know he's dead because I gave birth to him. Our baby's dead" Connie replied.
"Woah, yes baby, Mason is dead, we both know that. What's going on?" Jacob asked.
"He says he's alive. He says he's Mason, Jacob I'm so confused" she said then gripped on to his arms, beginning to hyperventilate.
"Connie just breathe for me baby, in and out, deep breaths" Jacob said then began demonstrating for her.

Connie soon calmed her breathing and sat her down behind the nurses station, kneeling down in front of her.
"Sweetcheeks, who's saying they are Mason? Who's saying him alive?" Jacob asked calmly.
"The boy, my patient. He gave me your name, says you're his dad, he gave me our son's birthday" she replied.
"Okay, I know this hurts but it's just some sick joke, we buried our son, we both know that" he told her.
Connie nodded quickly "make him leave, please he needs to leave" she said.
"Stay right here, I'll be back in a minute" Jacob said before standing up and walking into the cubical.

"Get out" he growled at Mason.
"Huh?" Mason asked as he looked up.
"Out, now! I don't know who you are, quite frankly I don't care but I know you are not my son! I don't know what kind of sick joke you're playing but it's not acceptable, my pregnant wife is in bits because some idiot is coming in here claiming to be our dead son, the same dead son that we buried seventeen years ago!" Jacob said.
"You buried a doll. The coffin that you carried, that you watched being lowered into the ground, contained a doll. Not a baby. Not me" Mason told him.
"Don't be so bloody ridiculous! It's one thing trying to wind up my wife with a name and birthday but this is too far! We buried our son!" He shouted.
"That doctor... She's my mum?" Mason asked.
Jacob couldn't take it anymore, he lunged forward and grabbed the boy by his top and chucked him out of the cubical, "don't come back!" he shouted then pushed him out into reception.