Chapter 5

Connie lay curled up on the sofa with Jacob as she held Tali, "moments like this really make me happy, just getting to hold her is a dream come" she said.
"I know baby, she's so perfect" Jacob said as he stroked Tali's cheek.
Connie smiled and looked up at him, "I love you" she whispered before gently kissing his cheek.
"I love you too" he replied.
"I know you said we have to wait and see if he comes back, but it wouldn't hurt to look would it? See if we can find any information on Mason?" Connie asked.
"I suppose not sweetcheeks, just please don't be disappointed if we can't find anything. It may take time" Jacob told her.
"I know, but I need to know Jacob, please" she said.

Jacob nodded and picked up the iPad, going on to safari and clicking on the search bar.
"Start with his name and birthday" Connie suggested.
Jacob began typing, Mason born January 24th 1999, then clicking search.
"Connie look" he gasped as he clicked a link.
A picture came up on the screen of Connie and Jacob, teenage couple mourn the loss of baby boy, "how? How didn't we know about this?" she asked.
"I don't know sweetcheeks, I really don't" Jacob sighed in response.
"I understand who would give away this information or why it was considered news worthy or whatever, I don't need the country knowing how we grieved for our baby boy" Connie said.

Jacob sighed, "baby, it was your mum" he told her.
"What?" Connie asked in shock.
Jacob read from further down the article, "the young girl's mother called it a tragedy, as is any death especially of an infant, but she believes that everything happens for a reason, and that her daughter was just not meant to be a mother at this time."
"That bitch!" Connie screamed as she grabbed her phone.
"Connie what are you doing?" Jacob asked.
"I'm calling my dad! I want answers and he's maybe the only person who can give them too me" she said as she pressed dial.

Her dad answered a few seconds later, "hello Connie? How are you?" he asked.
"No longer pregnant, you're a grandad a again. Anyway I need mums diary's and I need them now" she replied.
"Wow congratulations, I should come up and meet the little one. Now why do you need them? You know her wishes for them to never be read" William said.
"Did you know? Did you know that she sold a story to a news paper about masons death claiming I wasn't supposed to be a mother?! Did you know that Mason isn't dead and she put him up for adoption after I had a c-section thinking I had lost my baby?!" she asked, clearly getting worked up.
Jacob rubbed her shoulder with one hand as Tali gripped the finger on his other.

"What? Connie, Mason is dead and you know that. Princess what's going on? Is Jacob there, can I speak to him?" William asked.
"I know what you're thinking, but I'm not crazy dad! My baby is still alive. Everything I was ever told was a lie and I don't know if you knew but I need the truth. Me and Jacob went out of our minds for the week we thought he was dead! I knew I was feeling him moving but I was told it was phantom kicking because it was what I wanted to feel. I'd never been in so much pain as thinking I'd lost my child and that was all down to mum!" she cried down the phone.
Jacob took the phone from Connie and placed it to his ear, "she's not crazy William. I'll admit at first I thought she was, but I've met the boy who's claiming to be our soon. In the beginning I thought it was a hoax, but now it all seems to be adding up. We need them diarys, please. Do it for your grandson" he said.
"I'll be over in an hour" he replied before ending the call.

Connie laid in Jacob's arms feeding Tali and cuddling her until her dad arrived.
She handed her to Jacob then got up and went to the door with the iPad in hand.
As he stepped inside she held it out to him without a word then he began reading the article.
"Oh Connie I'm so sorry, I had no idea she'd done this" he sighed.
"I was her daughter and she betrayed me" Connie cried.
"I can see that now. I've got her diaries here for you" he said as he held out a bag to her.
"Thank you" she said sincerely as she took them and went inside.

Her dad followed, breaking out into a big grin as he saw Jacob with Tali.
"Oh she's perfect" he smiled.
"She really is, her name is Tali" Connie said with a soft smile as she watched Jacob hold Tali out to William.
He held her and stroked her head gently before looking at Connie, "do you really think this boy is your son? Do you really think your mother could of done this?" he asked.
"It pains me to say it, but yes dad. I do" she sniffled.
"Then I'll look after Tali. You and Jacob need answers, go and read the diaries" William replied.
"You don't want to?" Connie asked.
"I gave her my word that I would never. If you read them and you can prove that she's done what you're saying then that's good enough for me, just like if you can prove she didn't" he told her.
Connie nodded, "we'll be upstairs. Shout if you need us" she said then she took Jacob's hand and made her way upstairs with him and the diaries.