Chapter 15

"Alright I'm coming!" Susan shouted as she walked to the front door, hearing someone banging very loudly on the other side.
She opened it to be met with a hard slap across her face, not for the first time in recent weeks.
"Paula! What the fuck?!" She shouted.
"Don't pretend you don't know! You told Connie to have an abortion again! You're bullying her Susan, plain and simple. She's your daughter, Jacob is my son, and their baby is our grandchild! They have made the decision to have their child because they love him or her. You're a sick and twisted bitch. I will not tolerate it, and if you think you have any right to tell your daughter to abort her baby then you shouldn't be a mother" Paula shouted back.

Susan lunged at her, grabbing her hair and pushing her to the ground, "don't you ever tell me I shouldn't be a mother! I'm a better mother than you could ever be! This only happened because of your stupid good for nothing son, he should of wrapped it up!" she screamed.
Paula pulled her hair back and gave her another sharp slap, "don't talk about my son like that! It wasn't just his responsibility" she said.
"Maybe he should of kept his hands of her in the first place then! Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't given her an STI instead" Susan shouted.
"You bitch!" Paula screamed at her before throwing her another slap.
William ran up the path after getting out the car and pulled Susan off Paula.
Jacob followed with Connie, then grabbed hold of his mum and pulled her back.

Susan lunged from William's arms at Paula who pushed her backwards.
She turned, ready to lash out at Paula but didn't quite manage to go all the way.
Connie fell backwards after taking a swing from her mother in the face.
"Connie!" Jacob shouted as he let go of Paula and ran to her side, holding her up.
"I'm ok, I'm fine" she said as she brought her hand up to her face.
"Come inside princess, I'll get you some ice" William said as he put his hand on Connie's shoulder.
They made their way to the door when Jacob turned to Susan, "I don't believe it's right to hit women, in any circumstance usually, but honestly, if Connie hadn't been here to witness it, I'd of knocked seven bells out of you by now" he spat before following them inside.
Paula looked at Susan, "you should count yourself lucky that wasn't her stomach, or I'd have you done on an assault charge" she said angrily before walking away down the path.

Connie sat down on a kitchen stool then Jacob pulled one directly infront of her.
She hissed in pain as he brushed his thumb against her cheek to wipe away a stray tear.
William passed Jacob some ice in some kitchen paper them he gently pressed it to the side of Connie's face.
"Ah" she gasped as the cold crossed her cheek, Jacob holding it there gently.
"It stings but it'll take down any swelling or bruising baby" Jacob told her.
"Look at you Mr Nursey" she giggled.

He looked at her, "would it bother you if I was... A nurse?" he asked.
"What? No, of course not. Is that what you want to do?" Connie replied.
"Yeah, I've been thinking about it for a while actually" Jacob told her.
She smiled, "Jacob if you want to be a nurse then go for it, you never no, we might end up working together" she said.
"You want to do nursing too?" He asked.
"No, I want to go into surgery. I know we'll have the baby to think of when going to university but I really want to make this work Jacob" Connie told him.
"I really want to make it work to baby, and we will. I promise you" he said before kissing her lips.