Chapter 14

After recounting the story of how Mason came to be, Jacob pulled up home.
All three got out of the car then Connie unlocked the front door and walked inside.
"Dad? We are back" Connie shouted.
He walked into the hall carrying Tali and looked up, instantly spotting Mason.
"Oh my god" he said as he looked at him, to him there was no doubt that he was his grandson, he was the spit of Jacob.
"Dad this is Mason, your grandson. Mason, this is William, my dad, your granddad" Connie introduced them.

"Hi" Mason said nervously.
William handed Tali to Jacob then stepped forward and embraced Mason in a hug.
"I'm so sorry for what she did" he said.
Mason just hugged him back, he was so overwhelmed.
Finally when William pulled away Mason spoke up, "she's dead isn't she? Your wife?" he asked.
"Yes, she's dead" he confirmed.
"Sorry" Mason said.
"Don't be. Knowing what she's done, she's better off that way" William replied.
Mason smiled weakly then turned to Jacob and looked at Tali.
"She's my sister?" he asked.
"The one and only, don't worry we haven't got a house full of kids" Jacob smirked as he held Tali out to him.

Mason took her into his arms and smiled, "she's beautiful" he said.
Jacob out his arm around Connie's waist and kissed her temple, "just like her mummy" he whispered.
She smiled and lent into him, "thank you for beliveing me" she said.
"I should never of doubted you sweetcheeks, never" Jacob replied.
"Why do you call her sweetcheeks?" Mason asked.
"Just like it, she's got nice cheeks. First time I called her it, I meant her face. But now I'm talking about others" Jacob smirked and winked at Connie.
"Jacob!" she said and hit him in the chest lightly.
Mason just stood there laughing at the two of them, realising that it was how it should of been all along.

"Do you have any baby photos? Well just photos in general of you growing up?" Connie asked.
"Yeah, I've got a bunch of mum, Julia's, old photo albums at home" Mason replied.
"You can call her mum" Connie said.
Mason shook his head, "no, I don't want to. After what she did, I don't care that she raised me, she new that I belonged with my real parents and she did nothing about it. I hate her and honestly, I'm glad she's dead. Because if she wasn't then I don't think I'd of ever gotten to see that letter" he said.
"He's right Connie, she was part of taking away our baby" Jacob told her.
"I know, I know that, it's just I thought if he felt more comfortable calling her mum then we should let him" Connie replied.
Jacob nodded, "look why don't you feed Tali and go for a lie down, you're knackered babe" he suggested.
"But" she started to protest.
"I'll still be here when you wake up" Mason jumped in.
"Thank you" Connie smiled before lifting Tali from his arms and walking upstairs.

"Drink?" Jacob asked as he looked between William and Mason.
They both nodded and followed him into the kitchen, "beer William?" he asked as he opened the fridge.
"Yeah please" William replied.
"Mason? You want one?" Jacob said.
"Yeah if it's that's ok" Mason grinned.
Jacob took three beers from the fridge and handed one to each of them before they sat at the breakfast bar.
"You know, you sound awesome!" Mason said as he looked at William.
"Really?" He laughed and took a sip of his beer.
"Yeah! Buying beer for the party, telling them to go back to bed after they had sex! Jeez, Julia went mad and kicked the girl out the house in her underwear" he laughed.
"Believe me, I kicked them both out a time or two" William laughed.
"Really?!" He replied.
"Oh yeah" Jacob smirked.
"That's what happens when you start shagging on my couch Jacob" William said.
"hmm, and on your kitchen counter" he laughed.

"I don't mean to sound abrupt, but your mum, is she, well is she still alive?" Mason asked.
"I'm not that old thanks" Jacob laughed, "she's only fifty five, and yes she's very much alive and kicking" he added.
"Sorry" Mason laughed, "anyway can I meet her?" he asked.
"Yeah you can... It's just, I haven't mentioned any of this to her yet. Her and Susan they used to be good friends, but they had some huge bust up over Susan's reaction to the pregnancy. My mum vowed that if she ever found out that the stress Susan put on your mum was the cause of your death then she would kill her. I reckon now, she'd spit on her grave then smash the head stone to pieces" Jacob explained