9 • Pillow Talk

Roman

I stared out the window while Bleu drove toward the hotel that Aubrey was staying at. No matter how hard I tried not to, I always ended up giving in to him. Before deciding to shut the party down and leave, my mind was made up. I was getting on the plane at nine and going home. I talked myself into believing that I didn't want to stay another day with him and that being alone together was a bad idea; then I started to miss him. I thought about the fairytale we would create in the short span of twenty-four hours. Every word out of his mouth was a form of manipulation. He said what he knew would keep me from walking away and it always worked. I got all the way to my terminal only to call Bleu to come pick me up. This was stressful. He could do everything wrong and I would still forgive him. That kind of love was dangerous. Sometimes I found myself wondering if I was just being dramatic or if he really was emotionally unavailable.

I nervously fiddled with my fingers. My phone buzzed with multiple messages from Logan and one from Lance. I turned it off and shoved it into my bag. I didn't feel like answering questions about my sudden disappearance and Logan had plenty. I sat still as we pulled through the parking deck entrance that lead right to the hallway he was on. My stomach flooded with butterflies and I began having second thoughts. I was glued to the passenger seat debating on whether to go back to the airport or suck it up and stick around.

"He's asleep," Bleu informed picking up on my discomfort. He sat with me for a few minutes before helping me out and grabbing my bags.

"Thank you," I said lowly following him in. He walked me all the way to Aubrey's door and used his key to open it.

"I'm down the hall if you want to leave,"

I nodded and turned away walking into the suite. I wanted to turn the light on but I didn't want to wake him. He had a hard time falling asleep as it was so I used the light that peeked through the dark curtains to maneuver my way around. The first thing I did was shower. The smell of chlorine, sex and alcohol was making me nauseous.

I pulled my hair into a high bun and stepped between the glass doors. The hot water washed away my regrets and I allowed my thoughts consume me while I bathed. By the time I finished I was relaxed and ready to sleep. I wrapped a towel around my chest and went back into the room.

I stood against the door frame staring at Aubrey as he slept. I felt like a creep but he was cute even when he was snoring his life away. I smiled and my eyes landed on a pill bottle sitting on the night stand. I sighed and picked it up reading the label. He was back to taking anti-depressants and sleeping pills. It concerned me when he had to resort to these. It usually meant that he wasn't taking care of himself as he should be. I shook my head and put it back down. I leaned over kissing his forehead. He was extremely hot and sweating. As soon as I pulled away his eyes flew open and his body shot up. He leaned over the side of the bed and threw up, barely missing my feet. I cringed and stepped back. He groaned through hard breaths and looked around grabbing a towel.

"I'll clean it up, go to the bathroom," I said taking the towel from him. Luckily, it was a easy clean up. He rushed into the bathroom closing the door behind him. His gags ceased after twenty minutes then he brushed his teeth and showered. We were given a fresh pair of sheets and a new set of towels. I was almost scared to get comfortable before making sure that he was really okay. I pulled on a large shirt and walked to the kitchen area grabbing him a bottle of water. When I returned, he was back in bed cocooned under the comforter.

I didn't have to do much persuading to drink the water. The hardest part was getting him to sit up. I rubbed my eyes and sat down on the other side. He pulled me into him once he laid down. I rested silently on his chest. His eyes were low and the bags under them were darker than earlier. He was pale, tired, and overexerted. I sighed and felt his forehead again. Not much had changed except that he wasn't sweating anymore.