F & D • 10 • Revenge?

Ellis

           Annoyed was an understatement. For the last thirty minutes, I sat at the table of one of Roman's favorite restaurants while she was outside running her mouth on the damn phone. The purpose of this date was to apologize for my actions. Since Drake came back into the picture, she was never available anymore. Either she was laid up with him or doing something for him. It was almost like she was his personal slave and that pissed me off but it gave me no right to speak to her in the manner that I did.

"Clear his schedule the weekend before and I'll do it," She said as she sat down across from me. "Three weeks, Oliver. That's all I'm giving,"

She said her goodbyes and shoved her phone back into her purse. "I'm sorry, I had to take that,"

"You always do," I sneered picking up the menu.

"Are we really going to do this right now?" She smacked her teeth taking a sip of the water she ordered before leaving the table.

"It's the truth,"

"Ok," She said flatly. "So, what is all of this for? You've barely said two words to me in weeks,"

I shrugged. "I wanted to apologize, I guess"

"You guess?" She raised an eyebrow and chuckled some.

I huffed for she was making this much more difficult than it needed to be. "I apologize for the way I've acted these last few weeks. My jealousy got the best of me. I've been trying to keep my distance to avoid confrontation,"

Keeping my distance was the best thing to do. If I hadn't took a step back from whatever this was, there's no telling what we would have gotten into. I felt neglected, like I no longer mattered. She barely answered the phone and when she did it was quick. The twice a week visits turned into no visits and Mekhi hadn't spent much time with her either. The life I'd gotten used to with her had disappeared at the hands of another man. Reality was, she let me know that she was temporary in the beginning. I was okay with it then because none of it was genuine. It was all about an image and the money that accompanied it. I made plans with that money before I got it and a lot of it was going to aid in pulling my marriage back into place.

"I accept your apology. I'm sorry if you've felt led on. I realized that I probably wasn't as clear as I thought I was about where we stood,"

"You were clear," I said lowly. "I was just hopeful but that's my fault, not yours."

We sat in silence for a while as she tried to muster up a response that would keep things calm. We talked about Mekhi, work and her future plans as a choreographer. She seemed to be set on continuing her career in California and after a few drinks, she was talking my head off.

"You're really going back home?"

She nodded. "I need to. Being here was fun. I accomplished what I needed,"

"What was that?"

"A break," She chuckled. "I really needed this time to learn and grow. I couldn't handle the life back home,"

I nodded as the waiter brought out our food. He stared at her the entire time she spoke and thanked him for bringing everything out. He finally opened his mouth to speak. He was a fan. I sighed in frustration for the lack of attention I was receiving. Right on time, my phone vibrated in my pocket. An unknown number was attached to a new message thread. I quickly opened it to see Natalia throat deep between Drake's legs. The picture was blurry but clear enough to recognize them both and the remnants of his semen smeared across her face.

Unknown: Thanks for kissing my kids goodnight 😏

My stomach turned immediately and I tossed my phone down onto the table making it slam into my plate. Roman's attention landed on me and I quickly got up to remove myself. I was out of the entrance door in no time. I paced back a forth through the parking lot thinking of a way to get back at him. This was childish but he was now taking things too far. He dug into my past. Him knowing my secrets was just as bad as me knowing his and if it was as easy to dig them up I would but instead, I'd just use Roman as leverage.