Once More

It had been nearly a week since Felix returned from America and he was happy to be back. Especially after reuniting with his Little Bug, he missed her so much. After the party they exchanged numbers and stayed up late texting that night, which earned him an earful via text by Marinette. She woke up late, again, and missed her first class. That afternoon Adrien brought over his little trio of friends and Marinette was the first to punch Felix's arm. Felix had groaned and could feel the bruise forming on his bicep.

What is she using to increase her strength?! He had thought as rubbed his arm.

Marinette gave him another earful with Alya behind her backing her up. Adrien didn't seem too pleased at the fact that his older brother was hanging out with Marinette and staying up so late texting her. Nino laughed to himself at the dismay in front of him. Now, Felix sat in the small library they had in their house reading a book and waiting for Nathalie to inform him of Marinette's arrival.

  The two made plans to catch up over a cup of coffee and some cookies, although those were mainly for Tikki. Adrien had come downstairs and walked in to see Felix with his back to the door.

"Is Marinette here, Nathalie?" Felix asked as he closed his book and stood up happily.

"Marinette? Why would Marinette be here?" Adrien asked as he crossed his arms with an obviously displeased frown.

What's my brother planning? He questioned.

"Gah! Adrien! What are you doing here? Did Nathalie send you?" Felix jumped from his chair and spun around to face his brother behind him.

"No, why would she? What's this about Marinette?" Adrien questioned once more, he could feel that same protectiveness that felt for Ladybug during the statue unveiling when Theo revealed his love for the masked beauty.

"Ah, well Marinette and I are going out," Felix said simply as he pushed his hair back.

Adrien felt his heart drop as his eyes widened at the statement. He knew they were close but not that close!

"You and...Marinette?" Adrien asked, his voice balancing between a whisper and a shout.

"You're so full questions today Adrien. But, yes we are. Today at least," Felix shrugged as he put the book away.

"Wait, today? You're going on a date with her today only? Didn't you just say you were, you know, going out," Adrien leaned in to his brother.

"Pfft! Oh Adrien! No, not like that! I'm just treating her to some coffee and dessert. After the scare I gave her...she deserves it." Felix rubbed his neck and walked out the library.

Adrien grabbed his elbow quickly and Felix turned to him. He kept his cool as he glanced at his brother. His gripped tightened a bit.

"What's with you two?" He asked once more, a fire in his eyes.

"Imagine it like this, your closest friend in the world just stops all contact with you and just vanishes for nearly four years Adrien. Then, they just turn up out of the blue, unharmed and not dead. That's what she felt." Felix sighed and walked away leaving Adrien to his lonesome.

  For nearly four years Marinette thought Felix just vanished. Never to be heard from and never to be seen again. She blamed herself, she thought maybe she did something. Maybe she angered him to the point he wanted nothing to do with her anymore. Maybe because he was seen with Ladybug and was now in some Protection Program? She thought of all the possibilities even that one. Perhaps he had gotten into an accident and died. That thought sent her into a breakdown. When she saw him at the party, she lost it. All their memories came back and she just had to hug him, to see if he was real. And he was.