Mon Chaton

It felt like an eternity had passed  between Marinette and Adrien. Marinette felt sick to her stomach when she realized what had just happened. She retracted her hand  quickly as she turned away from Adrien. She couldn't look at him, and he couldn't look at her. The person they fell in love with was the very person they blew off so many times until now. Ladybug, his Lady, sat behind him this entire time and he didn't notice. Her Chat sat in front of her and she didn't notice. They were so blind, so foolishly blind. Marinette's right  hand covered her left arm as she fidgeted. Adrien's hand went to his neck as he too fidgeted.

  She wanted to unglue herself from the ground and hug Adrien tightly. Hug him for always being there for her and slap him silly for how many times he'd thrown his life away for her. He nearly gave his life her. He always did because he proclaimed his love to her on a daily. She would scold and chastise him until he felt his ears bleeding by how loud and shrill her voice could get. He only agreed to stop and truly did when he saw how much it actually affected her. Adrien remembered this as well.

  It was well into the night, roughly two in the morning when the hero's of Paris finished another patrol. This one seemed to be more dangerous with some creep at every corner. Burglaries and robberies seemed to be tonight's theme for them. This happened every so often in more unstable parts of the city. Apartment buildings towered over some of the smaller houses below them and their residents. Most of the time Chat was the one who scared them off and admittedly nearly Ladybug as well. Could she help it? The night was his element and he used to his advantage.

  He was already brash during the day with the Akuma when they appeared but at night? Oh, he was worse. That cocky attitude of his spiked as he loomed in the shadows and dropped down on the burglars and robbers. His eyes alone would creepily flash in the dark and when he grinned one would think they had come to encounter a real life Chesire Cat. Ladybug would just stare at him with a look of disbelief in her eyes every time he did too. He was like a child, finding joy in scaring people without a doubt.