An Unoffocial Date

'Sir, please I'll complete it by tomorrow positively. I've never let you down and never will' I requested.

'This article has to be covered as soon as possible. I need the complete details by tomorrow afternoon. If you are ready then you can go early.' snubbed Vinay without even taking his eyes off the file he was studying. I wonder how he does two work at a time, that is reading and talking.

Vinay was my snobbish, tyrant yet a big hearted boss. I know it's a very strange combination. But he can be this all when he wants to be.

He had sharp looks with a slightly built body. He carried a charming personality with him everywhere except when he is in his cabin. Once he steps inside his den he becomes the most snobbish boss you'll ever come across. He just means business inside his cabin. Though he smiles and laugh sometimes, but generally his answers are to the point towards his employees.

However he had great respect towards his employees. He being the chief editor of our newspaper 'The Revelation' insisted on calling him by his name to all his employees regardless of their position in the company. He ascertained that none of his staffs were underpaid and kept a tab on each and everyone's work. He couldn't tolerate any sort of negligence and dishonesty. He was straightforward and wanted his staffs to be the same. He mediated on truth and was keen on printing every news according to its true nature without getting biased or without adding anything bogus. A lot of politicians and businessmen tried to bribe him in the past, however he denied all there offer with his head up. He was highly respected by all his staff and fantasised by a lot of females inside and outside the company. He was in mid 40s was married to a beautiful and a humble lady named Smriti and had two kids.

'Ok, so it's done. By evening I'll hand you over the copies.' I said fiddling with a pen.

'I think I made it clear. Not evening but by afternoon ' he snapped.
I narrowed my eyes on him. He is a son of a bachelor when comes to work. Suddenly he looked up and met my gaze as if realizing I was glaring at him. My glare transformed to a puppy look instantly. His mouth formed a thin smile.

'Fine. Fine, by afternoon' I relented and turned to leave. As I was closing the door behind me I heard Vinay's voice behind me.

'So is it a date?'

'An unofficial one' I called out at him smiling and closing the door. Son of a bachelor I thought.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I was practically out of breath when I reached Mc.Donalds in the evening. First I had to rush through the news reports that I needed to submit tomorrow ti my cruel boss before I leave the office. It was based on human trafficking, which was soaring high these days. I needed to do a little bit of research work before I advance it to him. By the way I wasn't a writer by profession yet. I was just my stubborn boss's PA hitherto. Atleast till the time he finds that I'm worthy to be a columnist. To quote him correctly 'Survival of the fittest. You need to struggle hard to reach your final destination.' So after a lot of struggle through those reports, it was hard for me to get a cab or anything to reach this place, I had to literally run over here albeit this Mc.D was closest to my office. Therefore it explains my panting.

As I entered the eatery, I was relieved by the cold air hitting my body especially on those parts which was cloaked by perspiration. Soon my eyes searched for those pair of grey eyes. The beholder of which I came to visit taking all this pain.

There!! He was sitting right in the farthest corner of the place. He was pondering over something seriously as I proceeded towards him. As I drew close to him I noticed his eyes were fixed on something perhaps the napkin holder. How interesting! I muttered under my breath. He still didn't notice me.

'A penny for your thoughts' I said waving my hand and taking a seat across him.

His eyes brightened up as it met mine. His lips twitched into a smile showing his dimples which I hadn't noticed earlier.