Chapter Six

Chapter Six

It was so hard to find all the crap that Malachi had put on the list of things to get for Dorean's party.

Most of them were exotic, flashy foods with expensive spices and sauces. He was also forcing me to buy decorations, things that were shiny and child-like, because technically imps maintained that stupid childish disposition of theirs. How those little shits managed to stay happy was beyond me.

They were sex slaves, toys, barely even people.

And Malachi was not only asking me to do things for this imp, but to prepare a party and apologize to the stupid little runt. Part of me was raging at the idea. I was a demigod, damn it, not an imp. I didn't servant the imp, and I didn't serve Adrian either. I liked him better when he was a skittish wuffle that listened to what I said and look at me like I was, maybe, important. Now I was just another servant to him, and he was just another pigheaded brat with a god complex.

He was a half-god, not a full blown mega god.

It didn't give him the right to tell me what to do.

I snatched a few boxes of chocolate spray off a counter, because apparently Dorean would want chocolate spray at his birthday party. Why? Who the fuck knows, or cares? What would he use it for? Spray it on the floor and lick it? Spray it on a cock and lick that too? I stopped in the middle of the shop, fuming and trying to swallow down the rage that threatened to explode everything in the shop.

"Careful," A voice mocked, "You're blowing steam out your ears." I stiffened at the sound of Cain's voice and whirled around. Cain was standing there in a red steampunk underbust corset with chain and stud detail, for a bust he didn't even have. It hugged him tightly and made him thinner than he really was. He wore a pair of very short black shorts that showed off more leg than anyone cared to see. From his knees down were a pair of big, bulky black boots that had bones running up the sides. I curled my lip at the sight of him, mildly surprised that Hannibal wasn't with him.

Hannibal and his eternal nasty hard-on for the least fuckable thing on the planet.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I demanded, my voice icy cold. Cain pouted at that, sauntering over to get close to me, but I stepped back away from him. Granted, I didn't particularly care that he killed Mimi, as Mimi wasn't the one who I had befriended, but he didn't know that. If he found out about Jahlia... I didn't even want to think about her in case he figured it out.

"I came to visit Theo. He promised me a painted whore if I did his homework for him," He added, then peered into my arms at the party supplies and his eyes darkened, "What're those for?"

"Your funeral." I sneered. Cain scowled and went to grab one of the cans, but I stepped back again and he came after me, grabbing me by the arm and shoving me against the shelves, causing them to rattle and knock things down. The owner came around to yell at us, but when he saw Cain, his jaw dropped.

"Lord Cain! I had no idea you were coming in today!" He gasped, flustered. Cain looked at him disinterestedly, tightening his grip every so slightly on my arm, but to the point where I swore he was going to remove the limb.

"I'm kinda busy here. My right man is here somewhere. Go help him." He ordered. The store owner hesitated for a moment, as if he were debating whether to break us apart or not, and despite my insistent glare, he nodded quickly and scurried away, muttering a prayer that we didn't break his merchandise. I watched him go, wanting to rip his throat open when Cain shoved me against the shelves again, making me snap my head back to glare at him.

"Quit your Sassy Cassy act and tell me what you're getting that stuff for." Cain ordered. I gave him a grimace.

"Sassy Cassy? Isn't that the name of a two foot fall stripper?" I asked dryly. Cain caught me in the face with a bitchslap so hard that my ears rang and I dropped all my things, hissing as I tasted blood in my mouth. I reached up and touched my lip, straightening. Cain frowned and reached out to wipe the blood away, but I slapped his hand away and glared at him.