Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I woke up to an eerie warmth and the sound of water rushing. It sounded like rain the more I listened to it. I grimaced, opening my eyes and blinking the blurriness away, lifting my head to find myself in what looked like a rundown shed. Or a mill of some sort, judging from the amount of machinary that sat around.

I looked down to see that I had been strapped to a chair by an odd restraint. It looked like rope, but it wasn't regular rope. I could feel an unbelievable power pulsing through it, making it glow an eerie shade of gold. I scowled at it, confused, when I heard something shift in the darkness and I looked up just as a bright light turned on and flashed me in the face.

I hissed, watching Alexion come into the light. He looked tired and annoyed. He wore black corduroy overalls with the sleeves tied at his narrow waist, a sweaty black wifebeater hugging the bulging muscles in his chest. If he wasn't such a hot piece of ass, I'd kill him right here, right now.

But Malachi wanted him arrested, not killed. Though tempting as it was.

"What is this?" I muttered dryly, tugging at the restraints to leave, only to find myself still trapped. I blinked, looking down at the ropes in confusion. I tried to teleport, but I wasn't going anywhere. I jerked my head up to pin Alexion with a menacing glare that he took in stride.

"I'm not going to kill you," Alexion said dryly, coming over to stand in front of me so I had to tilt my head back to glare up at him, "I captured you to talk."

"Do you do this to all your gamer buddies?" I asked flatly. Alexion frowned.

"Only the ones that had motivation to kill me in real life."

"Well, remind me next time we play Left 4 Dead. That way I can set you on fire or feed you to zombies."

"You do that anyway."

"So, what, is this revenge for that? You want me to suck your cock or something?" I demanded, making Alexion's eyes flash angrily for a split second before it settled. The eerie part was that that split second of anger sent a crackle of chilling power through the air that made the hairs on my arms stand on end. Something about this guy wasn't right. It probably had something to do with being a Titan, and yet, it felt like there was something more to it.

"What is this thing anyway?" I asked under my breath, tugging at the restraints again. It seemed like the more I fought against them, the tighter they grew. Alexion nodded as if reading my thoughts, which unnerved me.

"It's a special restraint made to capture anyone with god blood in their veins." He responded calmly, making me stare at him in surprise. Who invented this crap thing?

"I did." Alexion deadpanned. I glared at him.

"Don't read my thoughts. And what the hell do you mean you invented it? Why would you invent something that could probably put you out of commission too? Aren't you a Titan?" I demanded. Alexion looked pained at the reminder as he swallowed and averted his eyes.

"That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about. It's important. I need you to get your brothers to call off the hunt for me." He said at last, turning to look at me again more fiercely this time. I barked out a laugh at that, unable to resist. Me? Talk my brothers into doing something? I was barely treated with an ounce of respect by anyone. Why would he think for a second that I could convince all my hotheaded stubborn ass brothers anything? Obviously he didn't know how bad my experience with brothers was.

"Oh yeah sure," I said sarcastically, making Alexion narrow his eyes, "Let me just visit each doting brother of mine and politely ask them to call off the manhunt for the spy who plans to release the Titans. Sure, I'll do it, but only because they'll gut me like a pig if I do. I'm real masochistic that way." Alexion wasn't amused, but he didn't snarl or yell at me. Instead, he sighed, running a hand through his hair.