Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

The worst thing to wake up to in the morning is a cold dark room.

The second worst thing to wake up to in the morning is your brothers arguing at each other in a cold dark room.

"This is fucking ridiculous," Cerberus was saying angrily, going toe-to-toe in a screaming match against Theo, who was glaring at Cerberus with a flushed face and his fists clenched in preparation for punching him in the nose, "I don't want you to fucking touch my property!" Theo looked at him, disgusted.

"If I hadn't of done it, the little shit wouldn't have gotten us this far! And if you had just done your job and treated him the way a slave ought to be treated, he wouldn't try to fight so much and be a compliant little pet! Jesus, the fucking imp is more obedient than your fuck toy!" He shouted angrily. Cerberus's eyes glowed menacingly. Malachi and Charon stood beside each other, watching their brothers argue, both looking annoyed. Dorean was sitting on the floor behind Theo, looking up at them in confusion, obviously not understanding the argument. My eyes drifted to Blaine, who had woken up and was sitting against the wall with a newly busted lip and his arm cradled to his chest, the odd angle of it indicating that Theo must have torn it out of its socket. But Blaine's expression was just boredom as he watched them argue.

I looked at Cain, who sat beside me, rolling his eyes at the argument between my brothers. I scooted away from him, giving him a "one second" finger as I scooted near Blaine, who stiffened at my approach.

"What happened?" I asked. Blaine gave me a droll stare.

"What'd you think? I woke up to find your mutt clinging to me, so I managed to get away from him and down the hallway before Theo caught on and beat the living shit out of me." He responded. I glared at him.

"I thought you said you wouldn't try to escape because of the hydra." I answered. Blaine looked away angrily, cradling his injured arm as he glared at the floor, as if it was all the floor's fault his life sucked ass.

"I would rather sleep in the belly of a hydra than with that... thing." He muttered, his voice as frigid and cold as ice. I frowned. The hatred he had for Cerberus by far beat the hatred I thought I had for Cain for the longest time. I'd never seen something so potent.

"Hatred kinda sucks," I told him, making him give me a sour glare, "Well, it does. I hated Cain for the longest time. But it was just because of mistakes." Blaine curled his lip.

"The only mistake in my life was my birth and that wasn't my fault." He spat, turning to look away from me again. I frowned.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"None of your fucking business."

"Well, you brought it up. If you're gonna bring shit like that up, then plan on elaborating on it. Otherwise, you just peak my curiosity and I'm gonna nag you until you tell me." I responded. Blaine glared at me again, then went back to blaming the floor for all his problems. I stared at him intensely until he clenched his teeth.

"My stupid whore mother was a slave and she ran away with another servant and they were hunted down. When their master finally caught up with them, she gave me to them instead in hopes of the guy leaving them alone. It worked. He was too busy fucking up my life to even care about an old fae and her crippled lover." He snapped. I wrinkled my nose at that. It did sound pretty awful. What kind of parent gave their child up into slavery so willingly, just to save themselves? It was disgusting.

"Well, what happened to your parents then?" I asked after a moment, ignoring the argument between Cerberus and Theo and Cain's glare at me, indicating he didn't want me to converse with the fae.