Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Labyrinth was a bitch to navigate from here on out.

I hadn't bothered to look for the exit while I was dead, so we had to rely on Blaine's sense of... what? Smell of emotions? No idea. Either way, we had to follow him and circle around for what felt like hours and I was getting so tired of looking at cobblestone walls and nasty floors.

Even worse, I was getting antsy. Hannibal had taken Cain. I needed Cain back. Not because I needed his blood to survive, but because I needed my brother back, my best friend and my lover. And when I did, I was going to choke the life out of Hannibal with my bare hands.

"So, where would this Labyrinth let out at anyway," Theo asked as we walked, "Into the ocean? The island? Can we teleport back home? Or is the barrier covering the whole fucking island?" Malachi shrugged, walking hand-in-hand with Adrian while Dorean moved along beside him, playing with his tail.

"Only one way to find out." He answered. Theo scowled at that, then looked at me after a moment's silence.

"And what about you? How did you make up with Cain so fast, or are you still thinking he wouldn't kill you?" He asked. I shot him a dirty look, clenching my fists. I really wasn't in the mood to argue with Theo, but I was too pissed and worry to give a shit whether I hurt his feelings or not, if he had any.

"I saw him cry over my corpse, Theo," I snapped in irritation, "Cain and I already talked about this and he told me why he did the things he did. Cain--"

"Oh yeah, sure," Theo drawled, "I'd listen to the guy who killed me a hundred times too. They never lie." I was half tempted to just rip his head off and be done with it. Nobody would miss Theo if he were gone, I tried to tell myself. But after a moment of walking in huffy silence, casting glares out the corner of each other's eyes, I realized I was wrong.

Sept would miss Theo.

My brothers would miss Theo.

I would miss Theo.

Even if he was the bane of my existence. I shook the thought from my head and strode up closer to Blaine, who was looking sort of tired. It made sense since most of his night was spent trying to escape, then getting beaten half to death by Theo and Cerberus. We turned down another corridor, only to find it a dead end. Theo gave a shout of frustration that echoed off the walls and made everyone grimace in preparation for one of his amazing little rants.

"This is fucking ridiculous," Theo shouted, clenching his fists, "We're trapped! And the stupid fae keeps leading us to dead ends!" Blaine gave him a bored stare before looking at Leon.

"Can we please just kill him already? I can pick up on the hydra's scent and we can just tie him up and leave him there, honest." He offered. Leon grimaced and Cerberus scowled at him before glaring at Theo firmly before Theo could make a move for Blaine's throat.

"You keep your hands off my property and your tongue in your mouth, brat. I'm tired of you jumping all over his head. If you want out of here so badly, why don't you do something?" He demanded. Theo glared at him, then flung his hand out to send a blast of energy, but Cerberus ducked, taking Blaine down with him so it just narrowly avoided their heads. The blast flew right over them and exploded into the wall.

Bright light poured into the hallway and everyone whipped around to stare as the cloud of dust faded and the last of the rocks crumbled away to reveal a sandy white beach outside with miles upon miles of glittering blue ocean reflecting a pale blue sky with not a cloud in sight. Everyone just stared, blinking a few times and trying to take in the fact that we had just found our exit.