Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I woke up to something cool and soothing on my forehead.

God, it felt so nice. My temperature had finally gone down and I didn't feel like I had just been given birth to by a furnace. My blood didn't feel like lava and my bones didn't feel like paper. I felt something soft and comforting wrapped around me. I felt like I had just fallen into a piece of heaven, and how I savored it!

But then it confused me. The last thing I remembered was teleporting to Cain's and passing out.

So why wasn't I rolling in barbed wire and salt?

I blinked my eyes open slowly, finding myself in an extremely elaborate, but familiar bedroom. A large black and white canopy designed bed, fit for a king, with thick blankets made of a material so soft, I couldn't even figure out what it was. The black curtains were drawn over a pair of windows on either side of the headboard of the bed. A huge dresser sat beside a trunk in the far left corner, near an open walk-in closet that was currently locked tight. To the right was a small computer desk with a laptop resting on it and a screensaver that actually looked kind of generic. Beside the computer desk was a tall black door.

It was Cain's room, I recognized miserably. I shifted in the bed, reaching up to the cold pack on my face. I reluctantly removed it, setting it on the pillow beside me. Cain, surprisingly, wasn't in the room. I was completely alone, and feeling way better than I had when I first arrived.

I was instantly suspicious.

I pushed the blankets back and eased myself out of bed, grimacing down at my legs that had decided they wanted to look weird and deformed, the legs of a hydra. My tail slithered off the bed behind me and coiled at my feet on the floor. I sent a fissure of power through my body, relieved that I'd recovered at least that much. With my body back to normal, I summoned my usual leather suit uniform and left Cain's room to step into a long hallway.

I tried to remember where the throne room was, but somehow ended up in the kitchen, not that it mattered, because Cain was in there sitting on an island counter top sipping at hot coffee mixed with nectar and biting into a piece of ambrosia as he read a issue of Demonic Fashion. He was wearing a black corset with straps over a burgandy turtleneck and black jeans with silver seams. He looked up bored at first until he saw me and his glare sharpened, making me stiffen as he set his things down and hopped off the counter.

"What are you doing up? Get back to bed." He ordered. I glared at him, folding my arms over my chest.

"I don't have to listen to you. I'm feeling better anyway." I added, but took a step back from him in case he decided to randomly bitchslap me. He raked me with a disgusted sneer and looked away to pick up his coffee and take a deep gulp, his back to me as he leaned over the counter to look through his magazine.

"What're you doing here anyway? I told you to go back home." He snapped. I opened my mouth to argue with him when I remembered the whole reason I showed up here in the first place.

"Alexion," I managed, making him look up instantly, "He was in my room when I went back to Malachi's and he said he was..." My voice trailed when I realized how stupid I sounded.

Yeah, Alexion threatened the brother that I hated with the fiery hot passion of a thousand suns. So I decided to risk my last smidge of power to come here and warn him about it, only to pass out and wake up in his bed. Damn, I was bad at this attempting to rescue thing. I'd be an awful super hero.

"And he was...?" Cain prompted in irritation. I glared at him.

"He said he was going to kill you. So I thought I'd do the curtesy of warning you." I said past clenched teeth. Cain smirked at that, then looked away, flipping the page in his magazine.