Chapter Four: One Part Brave, Three Parts Fool

Ralph started reading the "Woman in White" after he had his dinner. He got this book as a birthday gift when he was twenty seven. It surprised him that he didn't get bored with it yet.

Actually, a person who could read Hamlet in archaic English countless times...couldn't get bored with one of the finest mystery novels...now could he?

But, he got bored with "Charlotte's Web" though. That's another thing. The book's different.

He didn't know what he felt for Percival Glyde-pity or anger. That pal was illegitimate but he had greed for money.

'Person in grey. Rest in pennies.' Ralph commented when Percival perished in fire.

His phone beeped, snapping his concentration. Ralph pursed his lips and retrieved it from the bedside table. His eyes widened after he saw from whom he had received the email.

It was his boss. More like, his boss's PA.

'Now what does he have to inform me? I hope it's not my demotion or...unknown and unintentional resignation. In fewer words...I hope it's not the last email I receive from that uptight gaffer. ' Ralph thought with a sigh.

He hurriedly opened the email with sweaty palms. His boss had a thing for keeping his workers in his palm. If one of them slipped from the palm...they would fall.

'I don't want to fall! I hate gravity!' Ralph got extremely frustrated when he found out that he forgot his own password of the app lock.

'Why did I  give...that...that stupid lock?! It's pissing me off right nowAbsolutely disgusted!' Ralph glared at his phone screen so that it could crack open...but nothing happened.

Ralph fidgeted with his app-lock. After a while of furiously drawing the pattern and entering backup pins, he finally had his email inbox displayed in front of him.

'I am just knackered down here!' Ralph exhaled as deeply as possible without hurting his lungs.

He tapped on his boss's (PA's email...same thing to Ralph) email. It opened.

Mr Murphy,

Your presence is required tomorrow at the newest construction site eight in the morning. According to Mr Daniels, he asked me to tell you that he would like to see whether everything's under control or not.

Mr Smith will accompany you tomorrow with all the necessary data required at the site. Be there on time.

Oliver Knight.

Ralph frowned after reading the email. He locked his phone and leaned his head against the headboard.

'Blast it!' He whispered.

'Not their cursing and swearing...again.' Ralph breathed out. Once he went to one of the construction sites of the company as an assistant to the PA...