Chapter Eleven

'Ralph! Can you please tell me why you're swearing in front of the guests?!' Exclaimed Ralph's frantic mother. She had gone straight to anger mode, Ralph could understand that just by hearing her voice.

He felt the weight lifting of his body, as the girl that fell on him scrambled to her feet. He tried to sit up, but pain seared through his thigh at the movement, causing him to lie down again and start grunting in pain.

'Raphy? Are you okay? Adelaide, what have you done?!' Ralph heard a new yet oddly familiar voice exclaim.

'I said I'm sorry,  mum! I didn't mean to. I slipped and fell from the tree.' The girl, who's name Ralph just discovered was Adelaide, replied.

'And why did you climb the tree in the first place?' The familiar voice asked in an accusing tone.

'Well, you see... I.. I... I needed some fresh air so I went out for a walk here, in the garden, b-because it's so pretty you know. And I saw an apple on the tree. It looked so delicious that I really wanted to eat it. So I thought that I'll climb an get it.' That was the unbelievably stupid excuse that Adelaide could use at the moment.

'Even a deaf can understand that you are lying, lass. And for your kind information, missy, my ears work perfectly fine.' Ralph thought in his head.

Mrs Murphy walked to Ralph and saw a sight that made her nearly faint. Her only son lay there on the ground, his pants muddy and torn, with a clearly visible blood stain on one of the thighs and his shirt was torn, revealing his collarbone which had bloody claw marks on them.

'I see that the person who is going to save people's lives has taken steps to half murder them.' The familiar voice commented.

'What the bloody hell is going on here?' Another voice asked, sounding a bit disturbed.

'Is everything alright?' Another voice called from the other side of the garden hedge.

'Oh no, not the neighbours, too.' Ralph thought, exasperated.

'Oh hello Robert, hello Mr Dursely. I'm so sorry for the disturbance my son caused. You see, this idiot here, broke his leg and fell down.' Was Mrs Murphy's sweet reply to her neighbours.

'I didn't break my leg, mother. And I ain't an idiot for sure.' Ralph mumbled.

'Good Lord, son, you should have been more careful.' Was Mr Dursely's reply.

'Me?! Careful!? I'm not at fault for this, you old twat!' Ralph screamed in his head.

'Is there any way I can help?'Robert called over the hedge.

'Oh, yes, of course. Do me a favour and help him get inside the house. Though he's thin, he's far too heavy for me to carry in bridal style.' Mrs Murphy said.

'Oh crap, mother, crap! Can you please stop insulting me? I'm already embarrassed to no extent!' Ralph said and sighed in frustration.

Mr Dursely, realising his presence was not needed, said his goodbyes and left. Robert jumped over the hedge. But as soon as he was about to help Ralph up, he protested.

'No, no. I'm fine here. Don't touch me! Or my leg! I can't get up, it's paining a lot. I'll just stay here and spend the night. Just give me a pillow or something. Actually there's no need for that, the grass is soft so I can sleep here like Toothfull or Toothy or whatever was the name of that stupid dragon! But please! Don't make me walk!' Ralph bellowed.

'Did you just insult Toothless? Because, I can't tolerate that, mister!' Adelaide hissed. She had her hand clutched over her stomach...where Ralph's knee hit her with full speed.