Chapter Ten: The "Best" Day of Ralph's Life.

Mr Daniels entered his firm at six in the morning. That guy was an early bird. He woke up early and always walked in stealth mode. But when he got angry...

"God help us all."

As he was walking to his office, he passed by the actuary department and saw Ralph and Clyde snoring loudly with their heads on a pile of files. Mr Daniels smirked and went to his office.

'Dedicated, but lazy people.' he commented as he entered his abode.

Two hours later, workers began to arrive at the firm. They found Ralph and Clyde still sleeping. Being a light sleeper, Clyde woke up at the sound of everyone sitting down in their cubicles and chatting or flipping open files.

He looked at the time and saw it was already eight. His eyes widened. He nudged Ralph.

'Sir! Wake up! Sir!' He shouted at him.

'Tá tú madra! Mé díreach tar éis chodail cén fáth go raibh tú dúisigh mé suas? You little scoundrel! Go hIfreann leat! Imeacht gan teacht ort! You bloody bloody dog! Quasimodo! Ná leomh tú fáinne an clog anois!' Ralph muttered at Clyde, who didn't understand more than half of the curses he just directed at him.

'Sir, it's eight in the morning.' he told Ralph softly, not wanting him to go on another cursing rampage. Unfortunately, his wish wasn't granted.

Ralph's eyes shot open. 'Oh, it's eight. Eight? Eight?! It's already eight?! I swear in the name of Lady Macbeth I just slept fifteen minutes ago! Motherfu***** time!' Ralph shouted, earning a few more glares from his already annoyed colleagues. He started hyperventilating.

'Sir, calm down, we still have half an hour, our work is done we just need to take it to the boss. Let's go freshen up quickly. ' Clyde said and calmed the groggy Ralph down.

Ralph and Clyde walked groggily to the washroom, both had large eye-bags underneath their eyes. The office workers stared at them as if they were zombies. Indeed, with the eye-bags and slow walking and crumpled up shirts, they did look very much like zombies. But this zombies are harmless.  Cheer up!

They washed their faces and fixed themselves.  When they walked out, they saw that it was already eight twenty!

'Oh no! It's bloody eight twenty already!' They both exclaimed together. Rushing towards Ralph's cubicle tried to open the drawer in which the two files were kept.

'It's locked!' Ralph exclaimed.

'Where's the key?' Clyde asked looking around.

'I don't know where the bloody key is! Where did we keep it!?' Ralph shouted back.

'I don't know either, Sir!' Clyde said moving the files around, dropping a few on the floor in the process.

Eight long minutes of throwing, tumbling and searching, they finally found the key...in Ralph's pocket. They retrieved the files and all but ran to Mr Daniels's office.

On the way, Clyde collided with Mr Wells, and both fell on the cold ground. The contents of the file Clyde was carrying spilled onto the ground. Clyde muttered a string of mild profanities under his breath. Ralph rushed to their aid and helped them up and gathered the spilled contents of the file.

They arrived just ten seconds before eight thirty, panting and very much out of shape and breath. They found Mr Daniels eating a bar of chocolate while studying a file. He looked up and smiled at them.

'Ah! Mr Murphy and Mr Smith. Looks like you're barely on time. I do suppose you have the audit?' He said looking at them with eyes as sharp as a razor.