Chapter Six: Mother's Day

'Well, they say that we are tragic,
And they say we're born to lose!'

Tom fell from the bed all of a sudden hearing the song blaring from his phone. It was alarm tune. He stood up and switched off his phone to shut the bloody alarm.

'Did you wake up, My Majesty?' He heard his brother call for him sarcastically from downstairs.

He ran a hand through his mussed hair and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

'Yes, I am up.' He yawned whilst answering his brother.

His door opened and it revealed a man, his brother. Though all Tom saw was a blurry figure.

'Breakfast is within fifteen minutes. Get ready.' His brother said and handed Tom his glasses and left.

Tom blinked a few times to adjust with the light. He then glanced at the wall clock. It was 6.45 am.

'Right. I shouldn't be editing photos...till midnight.' He said and yawned in between.

He did all his morning chores within ten minutes and got downstairs. He was greeted by the daily scenery.

His sister-in-law cooking in the kitchen and his brother already sitting on a chair with a newspaper in his left hand and a cup of green tea in his right.

Tom slowly crept up to a chair and sat down.

'Good morning, Samuel.' He greeted slowly.

Before his brother could reply, his sister-in-law replied, 'Morning, Tom! What's up? You're a bit early today?' She asked.

'Good morning.' Sam replied to Tom after she finished. Tom smiled.

'Morning to you too, DD. I believe the new alarm tune works...perfectly.' Tom said looking at the direction of his sister-in-law.

'That's nice, but why don't you show us the photos you capture? I'd love to censor what you shoot!' She chirped in. Sam coughed awkwardly and Tom chuckled.

'Very funny, DD. Though, there's really nothing to censor.'

'Oh hush! That was just an excuse to see all the wonderful photos.' She laughed a little and brought a plate full of bacons and a plate full of eggs in her both hands. She soon placed them on the table and left for the kitchen again.

'DD-sorry, Deirdre, do you mind handing me another cup of tea?' Sam asked in his usual pompous way.

'You already had two. Why one more?'

'Tensed.' He answered slowly.

'Of what?'

'Office.'

'Sorry, Sam. No more.'

'Okay.'

Samuel folded the newspaper and took an egg and two bacon slices on his plate and started praying. Tom and DD joined him in his long two minutes prayer, half a minute later.

After finishing their prayer, they all started eating together.

Tom asked to his brother, after he finished half of his meal.

'When are we moving to the new house?'

Sam swallowed whatever he had left in his mouth and then answered deeply, 'In ten days.' He then resumed eating his meal.

Tom pushed his glasses back on the and sighed very lowly. DD (as she was sitting beside him) heard it. She patted him on the back and said, 'It's gonna be okay. It's quiet.' She assured him as if he were a little boy...not more than twelve.