C H A P T E R 8 - You and Me

I can't stop staring at him. I'm walking next to Naruto and notice he's wearing an orange shirt and black pants. The outfit is so simple yet it looks so perfect on him. I on the other hand am wearing a black dress that's styled diagonally at the bottom. Revealing a little bit of my left thigh, while my right leg is mostly covered. It looks quite nice on me but the dress isn't long.

"Gee, you look nice (Name)" Naruto tells me while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Th-thanks, you look nice too" I say shyly. "So where are we going?"

"Oh it's a surprise"

"Okay" I exclaim

Naruto and I walk to the edge of the village. That's when we reach a meadow filled with flowers scattered about. Naruto leads me to an area were I see a picnic has been set up.

"Wow this place is beautiful. I've never been here before" I say.

"Yeah alot of people don't know about this place. I used to come here often." "So...you hungry?"

"Always"

We sit down and I notice what Naruto brought for us to eat. It wasn't what I expected, but it's so typical of Naruto. He pulls out two bowls of already made ramen, that was packaged from Ichiraku. I lightly chuckle to myself as Naruto hands me my bowl.

"You really love ramen, huh?"

"Mmm hhmm" he answers while shaking his head.

His mouth is already full, he sure doesn't waste any time. Breaking apart my chopsticks, I decide to dig in aswell. Naruto obviously finished eating before me, while I took my time. Cause I didn't want to get anything on Sakura's dress. As soon as I put my bowl down Naruto decided to strike up a conversation.

"Hey (Name) can I ask you something?"

"Sure" I say turning to face him.

"You know that necklace you have on. I've noticed you never seem to take it off, howcome?"

I look down before answering "... Uh, well my brother gave me this necklace when I was little. He once told me that as long as I have it, he would always be with me. Then...before I knew it everyone was gone, and I had nothing left. Except for this necklace. I've never taken it off since" I tell him

"...(Name) I'm so sorry, I-"

"No it's fine, you didn't know"

It was quiet as the sun began to set on the evening horizon. This place is so calming, I can see why Naruto would come here. Looking at Naruto I catch him staring at me.

"What are you looking at?" I question him.

"O-oh!... um nothing" he says turning away embarrassed.

"So now your calling me nothing" I say pretending to be hurt by his words.

"N-no, I think your beautiful" he says

"I was just kidding Naruto, but thanks for the compliment"

"Uh, your welcome" he tells me with that never ending blush of his. "(Name) I wanted to say thanks for going out with me today. I really enjoy spending time with you."

"You don't have to thank me Naruto. I enjoy spending time with you too. Afterall I came on this date because I like you" I say while reaching out and grabbing his hand.

He looks at me surprised, but then takes my hand and lightly squeezes it.

"I like you too (Name)"