C H A P T E R 20 - A Place to Call Home

A couple of weeks have gone by and I'm still in the hospital. Apparently I had to stay longer because Sakura wanted to make sure I made a full recovery. Which I have, I feel as good as new- almost. Obviously there are some scars knowing I had alot of cuts. Besides that I'm perfectly fine.

Today I'm being discharged from the hospital, which I am greatful for. I could finally go home, the things I miss most are my bed and my own cooking. Don't get me wrong the hospital food isn't bad, it's just not completely satisfying. At times Naruto would bring me something to eat when he came to visit.

After a few hours I leave the hospital at last. Walking out, I breath in the fresh air while stretching my limbs. I look around as I continue my stroll through the leaf village. It still looks the same.

I take in my surroundings, the warm rays of sunlight, the sounds of playing children, and the cool breeze that lingers in the atmosphere. My mind wanders off, as I think about all the time I spent in that hospital.

While I was there I thanked Sakura and especially Lady Tsunade for healing me. Without her I may not even be here, so I am eternally grateful to Tsunade.

Turns out all of those flowers were from Naruto, Hinata and her team, and even Tenten's team. I was pretty surprised that they all did that. I honestly didn't think they would care that much. That just shows how wrong I was. I'm glad they care and I think our bonds have gotten stronger because of it. I'm pulled away from my thoughts as I reach my apartment.

Once inside I see everything is just how I left it. Though the place isn't as clean as it used to be. The air inside is stuffy and humid, not to mention there's dust everywhere. Guess that's what happens when you're gone(or in a coma) for a month. I firstly open a window and then begin to clean.

I hate cleaning, but I also hate a messy home. So I force myself to do what needs to be done. After hours of sweeping, organizing, dusting, scrubbing, and throwing away spoiled food, I had finally finished. Going into my closet I throw on my pajamas, which consists of a tank top and shorts. A face-plant onto my bed, take a deep breath, and relax.

'Man it's good to be home.'

(3 Months Later)

I struggle to quickly put on my shoes. I somehow lose my balance and fall on my butt. I pick myself up and rush out the door. Looking ahead I see Naruto waiting for me. I ran to him and then leap into his arms, giving him a big hug. Letting go Naruto takes my hand into his as we begin to walk through the village.

Neither of us had things to do, so we made plans to hang out together. While walking side-by-side Naruto and I just made small talk. To me it didn't really matter what we talked about, I just love being around him.

Naruto is literally the only person that can always make me smile. Just being with him makes me happy. He's so kind and compassionate, I can't ask for a better boyfriend. Naruto and I reach a meadow with flowers scattered about.

It's the same place we had our very first date. I sit on the overly green grass and take in the scenery. It's been a while since I was last here. Naruto sits next to me, I scoot closer to him and lay my head on his shoulder. The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful.

My voice disturbs the silence. "Naruto?"

"Hmm" he says

" I just wanted to thank you."

"For what?" he asks, looking at me curiously.

"For everything, I mean if it wasn't for you I'd still be in Orochimaru's hideout. Thank you for saving me, thank you for giving me this chance to start a new life, and thank you for loving me." I say while gripping the necklace that still hung from my neck.

Naruto seems to be surprised by my words.

"(Name), you don't have to thank me. I'm glad you're here with me, I can't imagine living life without you. (Name)...I love you." He says staring straight into my (color) eyes.

I gaze back into his dazzling blue orbs. We both lean in close and his soft lips touch mine in a loving kiss. Naruto wraps his arm around my waist as our lips continue to move in sync. After a few moments we pull apart.

" I love you too. Before I met you I was lost and I didn't know if there would ever be a place for me in this world. But you showed me I could change that. I found where I belong. I have friends that care about me and I have you by my side. I now know that a home isn't based on where you are, but who you're with. Naruto, you're my home." I tell him

" I promise I'll always be with you. You're my home (Name)."

With that said, Naruto lifts my chin and places another soft kiss on my lips.

'I finally found where I belong, I found...my home.'

The End