C H A P T E R 17 - Holding On

Naruto P.O.V

Rushing to the cave Hinata had located ealier, we make our way over there. Closing in, I see someone standing in front of it. Only to realize a second later, that someone is (Name)! She turns noticing me, that's when I take in her appearence. Injuries cover her body while blood stained and tattered clothes cling to her.

'Who did this?!'

I run to (Name), just wanting to reach her, to have her in my arms. Before we make contact I see (Name's) face contort in pain, as she falls forward hitting the ground. My eyes widen in shock, I land on my knees next to her.

"(NAME)!!!"

I keep yelling hoping she'll stay with me. Though it seems my screams are not heard. (Name's) eye lids slowly close, blocking my view of the (color) orbs I love so much. I feel (Name's) body go limp in my arms. Salty tears run down my face as I hold her close.

Sakura and the others show up, since I had run off, leaving them behind. Sakura runs up to me seeing (Name) in my arms. Sakura immediately begins using medical ninjutsu on her. A few seconds after she starts Sakura gasps in shock. I turn to her.

"What is it?! What's wrong?!!" I shout worried.

"We need to get (Name) back to the Leaf and quickly. My medical ninjutsu alone won't be enough." Sakura says standing up

I feel myself freeze, so many thoughts are running through my head. What's going to happen to (Name)?

"Naruto! If we don't hurry she's going to die!" Sakura yells at me

Hearing that snapped me out of my daze. Leaning forward I swiftly lift (Name) off the ground. Holding her firmly I leap into the trees, moving at full speed. Everyone follows while I lead the way back to the Leaf village.

'(Name) please hold on a little longer.' I think while looking down at her face.

Why did this have to happen? Why (Name)? She's done nothing to deserve the kind of life she's lived so far. To be taken away from the things she loves. No wonder she feels as if she doesn't have a home. She's always being taken away from it. (Name) you can't die. I'll do anything to keep that from happening.

Moving as fast as I can, we finally reach the Leaf village. Not wasting any time I run to the hospital, with Sakura following behind me. Once inside I call for a medical ninja. A few come rushing towards me. Sakura begins talking.

"She needs immediate medical attention. So hurry and get lady Tsunade, we'll need her."

They take (Name) out of my arms and quickly rush her into a room. I try to follow but wasn't allowed inside. I'm so worried about her I don't know what to do with myself. With nothing else to do I simply pace up and down the hall way, thinking of (Name).
------------------------------------------------------

Sakura P.O.V

Rushing into the room they brought (Name) in, I start to get ready. I put on a pair of surgical gloves and tie my hair up. I begin to treat (Name's) wounds while waiting for lady Tsunade to arrive. I wish she'd hurry, (Name) can't wait any longer. A second later Tsunade walks through the door.

"What's the situation?" she asks me seriously.

"Deep cuts and gashes cover her body, allowing her to bleed out. She's lost too much blood. And the kunai that was lodged in her back has pierced her right lung from behind. We need to fix it before her lung gives out and collapses." I explain

"Alright let's begin. We must work quickly and diligently, otherwise we'll lose (Name)" Tsunade warns me

"I understand"

'Don't worry (Name), we'll save you.'

------------------------------------

Author's Note:

School has started back up again. Today was actually my first day. Meaning that if I miss a day were I'm suppost to update, and I don't then I'm sorry. Wanted to apoligize ahead of time just incase that happens. Though it shouldn't happen too often because I don't like to keep you guys waiting. Just wanted you to know that.

By the way 600 reads!!! That's amazing, thank you all so much. Keep reading! Untill next time...
- Love ya!