C H A P T E R 15 - Almost There

Naruto P.O.V

Hours have gone by and we still can't find (Name). Kiba and Akamaru are still following (Name's) scent, while the rest of us travel behind them. How much longer will it take for them to find her? I get pulled away from my thoughts as I see Kiba has stopped moving.

"What's the matter?" Hinata asks

"(Name's) scent, I can't smell it anymore. It ends here." Kiba says while looking down.

"HUH!!! What do mean?!? Weren't you supposed to be able to find her with that nose of yours!" I shout

"Stop it Naruto, if that's the case then there's nothing more Kiba can do. Its not his fault." Sakura tells me

"Well what are we going to do? We can't just stand here!" I yell

"Since Kiba can't track (Name) using his sense of smell, we'll all have to look for her. (Name's) scent ends here meaning she must be somewhere near by. There's a lot of ground to cover, so look carefully." Sakura finishes telling everyone

Everybody nods and spreads out in search for (Name). Hinata uses her byakugan, Shino sends out his insects, Kiba and Akamaru look around while sniffing the air to see if they can pick up (Name's) scent again. Sakura and I scout the area in hopes of finding something that'll lead us to (Name). We need to hurry! Moving from one place to another I search relentlessly.

'This will take too long!'

"Shadow clone jutsu!"

I send my clones to look in all different directions. That should speed things up. We're running out of time. I need to find her. I've never felt this way towards someone. I think I can actually say that I love her.

Although knowing she's gone makes me worry. I feel sad, angry, and frustrated, its all wrapped into an emotion I can't explain. All that matters now is that I get (Name) back. I won't stop looking until I do. After several more hours of exploring the landscape, everyone regroups.

"Were you guys able to find anything?" Sakura asks everyone

Kiba, Shino, and I reply saying "No"

'I can't believe I wasn't able to find anything. Even with the help of my shadow clones.'

"Uh-" Hinata says softly

"Hinata did you find something?!" I ask, impatiently waiting for her answer.

"Well, I was able to locate a cave on the other side of the forest. Inside I could see three chakra signatures, there was another that seemed similar to (Name's). Although I'm not sure since it's pretty far away." she finished saying

"Let's get going" I say

With that Hinata leads us towards the cave, and towards (Name).
------------------------------------------------------

(Name) P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of a squeaky door opening. Forcefully lifting ny eyelids, I see the one person I now hate most- Rui.

"Hey, you ready to have more 'fun' today?" she asks me while smiling.

I didn't bother answering, instead I just give her a glare. Before Rui could start torturing me, Sato steps into the room. He looks at me surprised. I guess my appearance threw him off. I mean, my clothes are ripped and I'm covered in blood. What do you expect?

"Rui, I think you went too far." he tells her while looking at me.

"Does it even matter? Even if she's dead, we can still take her eyes." Rui states bluntly like I'm not even in the room.

"Whatever, get ready. We need to take her eyes now."

"Why?"

"How long do you think it'll take the leaf village to notice (Name's) gone. They're bound to send a team after her, so we can't wait any longer." Sato explains

"Fine" Rui grumbles

'He's right though, the leaf village surely would've noticed I was gone by now. So where the hell is the team that's supposed to rescue me!?'

They both exit the room. I assume in order to prepare for the operation to take my eyes.

'This is my chance.'

Since my wrists were tied facing eachother I make a few hand signs. With that I gather chakra into my hand, creating my lightning rod jutsu. Using the lightning rod I quickly cut myself down. I stand with much difficultly, all of my cuts and gashes are still fresh. Once I remove the rope from around my wrists, I leave the room.

'I'm getting out of here.'