Chapter 1

Requested song: Everything has changed - Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran

"How are you feeling?" Dad stares at me until I sit next to him. He grabs my hand and smiles.

"I'm great. A normal day, going to a mental institution and being surrounded by sick people. So excited!"

"Well, this is my daily routine!" Dad giggles and stands up.

"Why am I even doing this?"

"You wanted to explore you father's job as a Correctional Officer to see how the Counselling in a mental institution was, so that you could get extra credit for your psychology module."

I ignore him and stand up. I take my jacket and go outside. The weather isn't that nice, but that doesn't matter since I'll be counselling a sick person.

I put my hair in a messy bun. We don't say anything while dad is driving.

---

By the way, my name is Angelina. Angelina Dawson. I am seventeen and live with my dad, Chris, in California. My mother died in a car accident. We have a normal life and we enjoy every second of it. I am a counsellor which means every year I am counselling a person that has been through some obstacles and has done mistakes. I help them to talk about their feelings so they can express themselves easier.

---

With every passing second, there are less cars and less people.

Suddenly, I see it.

The grey walls and the closed little windows. It looks dead and haunted. I have chills and try to stay calm.

I'm wondering if this place is safe enough, it probably is.

---

We arrive at the mental institution. It's a cold place where there are only a few lights on.

"You'll be okay." Dad looks at me, knowing I'm kinda scared.

"I'm not scared, dad. It'll be easy."

He looks at the entrance and tells me to follow him. A security guard checks my father's card to be sure he is allowed to go in.

We walk in the hall and we step in the elevator which will bring us to the patients.

"I'll step out on level 2."

"I thought you would come with me until I met the patient." I look at him disappointed.

"I'm not, honey. I have a lot of work." Dad looks at me like he knows everything will go well.

He steps out and he leaves me alone with the security guard.

He brings me to the floor -1. There, we can see all the rooms of all the patients who committed a murder or hurt people because of their mental illness.

There are way more lights in here. I can see through the little window at each door other people talking to their counsellor or a relative.

I see a young boy sitting on his bed, playing with his pillow.

I secretly hope that I won't be his counsellor. He is too young and I expect more maturity in my work.

"You are his counsellor. He is the youngest patient so he won't really talk. Be careful." The security guard leaves.

I open the door and step in the room.

I'm in front of him. I take the white chair at the little desk and go sit in front of his bed, where he sits.

"Hi, I'm your counsellor."

"Hello." He looks at his hands and plays with them.

He doesn't look at me so I stand up, maybe that would catch his attention.

I take off my jumper because it's too hot in here. He looks at me and at how I take off my jumper.

"Why did you take off your jumper?" He stares at my hands.

"Why can't I?"

"I could hurt you. I can do more than what you expect."

"Oh. But I'm not scared." I take my jumper and am ready to put it back on.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I promise."

"Oh, thanks?" I bite my upper lip and put my jumper on the ground, next to me.

He stares at me and doesn't say anything.

"So, let me know you a little better." I swallow and I reach to his snapback so he can pull it off. He takes my wrist in a strong grip. I suddenly jump, as it was a reflex.

"Don't touch me." I look at him in a terrible way, as I see how hurt he looks.

"I'm sorry." I sit back and crimp by hearing his cracked voice.

I watch him pull his snapback off. His eyes are hazel with a little touch of green. His jawline is so sharp and I find myself staring.

"What is your name?" I ask.

"Grayson."

"What's up, I'm Angelina."

"I'll call you Angel." I swallow and look at him. No one ever gave me a nickname, especially not Angel.

"What have you done to be here?" I ask.

"Why are you here?" He comes closer and looks deeply into my eyes.

"I have no idea." I answer honestly.

"I'm here because I raped a younger girl and then murdered her." I am shocked and look at him differently. "Joking, I won't tell you the reason why I'm here until we know each other better."

I relax and look at him with a little smile.

"How old are you?" I lean slowly towards him.

"18." He looks at the ground. He seems bored. I should ask something to catch his attention.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I stare at him. He looks at me surprised. "I killed her and had her as dinner." He answers.

"Well, uh, wow."

"Aren't you afraid? Why are you staying?"

"I enjoy talking to you." I say with all honesty.

"This is actually the first time I've talked to a beautiful girl in a long time." He runs his hands through his hair and I can't help but blush.

"Are you blushing? Why?" He puts his finger under my chin so I look at him.

"What? Um, no, it's just warm in here."

"Okay," he stares at me a few seconds more and stands up, "10 minutes are over, bye." Grayson walks to the little window the room has. You can see the sky.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." He doesn't reply and doesn't even look back.

I go back to the security guard and think, Grayson didn't enjoy talking to me at all, clearly, and I walk as fast as I can to the elevator.

I look back a last time and I see him in front of his door looking at me.

-------------------------------------------------

YO, so I wrote this a couple of days ago and as you can see, at the moment it's really similar to the original story. But more into the story, there will be more differences :))

Some chapters will be long and some short, so I don't know how much time it will take me to update.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT THO 😚💚

if you have any questions, message me X

PEACE ✌🏼