Chapter One

A/N: Okay. Here's the next part! I know, really fast. I've got a couple chapters done in my notebook, so I just might go quickly. This story is for Sonics 25th Anniversary also. I know, kinda late, but oh well! Hopefully, this story gets alot of likes and stuff. My sibilings enjoyed it, so I hope you guys do to!

⬜▫◾

If you don't know who I am, the name's Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. Twenty-five years old, single, and free. Sounds sad, but really, if you're like me, you'd think think otherwise. If you do know who I am, then you're in for a real treat.

This story just might change how you see your world, whatever world you live in. It did for me. I always look back to this part of my life and think, Man. I really screwed up. The others keep telling me that it was okay.

But really, it wasn't.

It all began the night before my birthday. I was sleeping up in a tree when I heard my name being called. I looked down and saw Tails looking up at me.

"Hey bud!!" I called with a grin. He grinned back, and I jumped off of the tree. "What's up?"

"Nothin'." He replied in his deep voice. He was seventeen now. "Just thought I could have some quality time with my bro."

I chuckled, and we walked through the forest in silence for a bit.

"So, turning twenty-five tomorrow." Tails finally said.

I nodded.

"Y'know, I honestly thought you would never make it this far."

I blinked and looked at him with shock, only to find him smirking. I realized he was only joking, and felt relieved.

"I mean," He continued. "You've put yourself through so much stunts and life-threatening scenarios. You almost killed yourself so many times I lost track counting."

I shook my head and laughed. "When you're a hero, you've gotta do those things."

" 'Gotta'." He said, putting it in quotations.

I laughed again, and lightly punched him in the shoulder. He punched me back.

I then sighed. "Those days were pretty fun. Despite the life-threatening parts, it gave me something to do."

Tails scratched the side of his head. "I... Guess so."

"With Eggman gone, life is boring." I added. "No fun, no adventure, and no using my speed."

"Circle of life, Sonic." Tails said with a small smile. "You live, you die."

I nodded slowly. He turned left then and I followed him, and noticed we were walking torwards his front door.

"Uh, Tails? Why are we here?" I questioned.

He smiled back at me as he opened the door. "Just come on."

I slowly walked in the house and found that the lights were off. But once I stopped and closed the door, they turned on and a dozen voices shouted, "Surprise!!"

I blinked to get the spots out of my eyes, then with surprise. All my friends and allies were gathered around a table full of chips, snacks, and a cake in the middle. They were all wearing party hats, and streamers hung from the ceiling.