Chapter Two

I paced in front of the hospital door of the strange hedgehog girl that had appeared in a purple light right in front of me earlier. I had rushed her to the hospital right after a while. Amy and Tails watched me pace back and forth with worried faces.

The doctor had finally came out then. I looked up at her and asked, "Well? Is she alright?"

She shook her head slowly. "We don't know yet. You may have to wait a couple more minutes."

I nodded--though I was kind of impatient--and she went back inside. I went to go sit down on a chair, and covered my face with my hands.

"This is nuts..." I sighed.

Tails placed a hand ony shoulder. Looking up at him, he said, "Well... Mabye you could visit Vanilla while you wait."

"She's in the same hospital?" I asked.

He nodded.

I stood abduptly and ran off, being careful to not go to fast. "Excuse me miss?" I asked the assistance desk.

A light tan chiwawa looked up at me. "Yes?"

"Can you tell me where Vanilla the Rabbit is staying?"

She looked at her computer, typed in something, then looked back up and pointed across the hall. "She's in that room, sir."

I nodded. "Okay. Thank you." I walked towards the door, studying the chip more.

Mabye I should give this to Tails. I thought. Let him examin it.

I knocked on the door, and a weak voice told me to come in. So I did so slowly, with a small sad smile on my face.

Believe me when I say she was in bad shape.

Her fur looked like it hadn't been brushed in days. Her muzzle was pale, with dark purple bags underneath her eyes. She looked almost to skinny, and extremley weak.

"Hello, Sonic." She whispered.

My smile dropped the moment I saw her, and I walked to her side and dropped to my knees beside her bed. "Vanilla..."

She held out her hand to me shakily, and I took it. "Is my little girl alright?"

I swallowed against the lump in my throat and nodded. I was so gonna get the others for this.

"Vector's... He's taking good care of her." I lied. Truthfully, I didn't know that, I just said it to make her feel better.

Her eyes twinkled slightly. "As I sould expect him to..." She then began to cough, and I gently squeezed her hand. "I'm... Alright.." She said between coughs, patting my hand.

Once she stopped, she gave me a stern look. A very, stern look. Okay, it was more like a worried-stern look, but what she said next surprised me.

"I feel like something bad will happen... Soon..."

"... Something bad?" I repeated.

She nodded weakly. "Worse... Worse than Eggman. Or, so I fear." I could tell that she was getting tired.

"How about you get some rest. You look like you need it." I said, standing.

She gave me a tired smile and turned her head to the ceiling, closing her eyes as I walked out.

Before I closed the door, I heard her say, "Be safe...." in a faint whisper. I shut it gently and sighed.

I walked back to where Tails and Amy were sitting, and they immediatly gave me questioning looks. I told them what Vanilla told me and how she was doing. They seemed to not like my description.