Chapter Six

A/N: I think I should stop doing these for two reasons: 1. It's a waste of words. 2. I don't think anyone reads them. So yeah, enjoy the chapter.

◼◾🔳◽◽◽◼◾🔳🔳

"Boss! They're here!" Dart cried as we entered a room.

Apparently, all the doors were like secret doors, because all we passed were literally secret doors. Territory had ooed and ahhed at almost everything that looked unusual or techy that we passed.

But I guessed it was a geek thing, and shrugged it off. Tails would've probably done the same thing. But that was if he was there with us.. And he wasn't. Which was a painful thought, so I kept it to myself and stayed silent.

A tigress sat at a desk in a dark room full of file organizers and other things I never knew existed. She looked up at me and smiled.

"You must be the outsiders." She said, standing and holding out her paw to me.

I shook it awkwardly. Wasn't really expecting her to be so... Cheery.

Once she was done shaking our hands, she sat back down at her desk and motioned to three seats. "Please. Sit. Dart, you may leave."

The cat nodded and left.

"So," The tigress said. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Boss. I am the leader of this entire orginization." She frowned. "Unfortunately it doesn't have a name, but we've dealt with it."

I gave Amy a look of confusion.

Boss waved her paw dismissively. "Yes I know. Anywho enough stalling. Show me the chip."

I slowly brought it out to let her see it.

She placed a hand under her chin. "At least it's safe. But the question is, how did you get it? We put a very talented gaurd for it's protection. How did you get it?"

"A girl gave it to me. She said something about protecting it from someone--who we now know as Glitch--and then died right after we brought her to a hospital."

Boss' face was still unreadable. "I see." She sat back into her chair and folded her hands, finally turning her gaze to us. "That girl was the gaurd we placed. It is... Very unfortunate that we lost her. She worked closely with Dart as well. You can imagine they were close."

Shoot. I thought guiltily.

"You realize we must tell him the news. Dart is very keen to things like secrets. He'll snoop them out eventually." She gave a small smile. " If you would like, I will tell him for you."

I looked at Amy. She had guilt in her eyrs as well. "... Sure." Was my response.

Boss nodded. "Very well. I shall have you all escorted back to your world. If you don't mind.." She held out her hand expectantly.

I held the chip out to her slowly. Boss picked it from my hand, then gasped and let it fall. I caught it quickly.

"It... Shocked me." Boss said, rubbing her hand slowly while staring at the chip.

"Same thing happened to Dart. Which was why he dragged us here." I replied. "He thinks the chip's got a mind of its own."

"With a chip more powerful than Glitch himself, it very well might have one. And for whatever reason it seems to like you."

Figured that out already, thanks. I thought.

Boss sat back into her chair. "Then in that case, I think I should let you all stay here in the orginizations' walls. You'll be safe here."