Chapter Ten

A/N: I apologize for taking so long to update guys. Motivation problems and life. You know how it is. Enjoy.

⬜▪⏹

The next morning, I woke up with an idea in my head. I quickly but quietly sneaked out the door, looking back at Tails sadly. I didn't want to wake him, not after what he went through. Besides, he's gonna find out sooner or later. Not in the way I'd prefer, but oh well.

I boosted off, into the morning sunshine and atmosphere. I didn't stop until I came upon a park that I knew had people from the news coming to and fro, trying to follow the story of a debate happening between two different groups about the park. Sure enough, there was a news van park at the curb. I stopped to listen to the crowds loud arguing, to scan the signs being held and hands raised in fists.

This is crazy. I thought to myself, shaking my head, but jogged up to the end of the crowd anyway.

"Save the park!!"

"We don't need anymore buildings!!"

"We have enough trees, not enough shelters!!!"

"This is reserved for a reason!! To protect the wildlife!!"

"Wildlife can wait!! Mobians are first!! You're just being selfish!"

"Hey!!" I shouted, cupping my mouth to project more sound.

Almost instantly, the arguing stopped and all eyes and cameras turned to me. Some of the eyes grew bright with excitment.

My heart panged with guilt when they did.

"Mister Sonic!" A news woman gasped, and immediately shoved her mic in my face. "Are you here to solve this debate?"

"Um.. Actually, no." I replied, sweat dropping and smiling sheepishly as I pushed the mic a bit away. "Sorry. But there's a bigger matter to discuss."

"A bigger matter?" The woman blinked.

I nodded, took a deep breath, then looked dead straight into the camera with the most serious face I could muster. I felt a few people back away with suprise. "Listen to me very carefully. What I am about to tell you is not crazy. Believe me, it may sound that way, but it's true. Every bit of it. I highly advice everyone, and I mean everyone, to get to the safest place you can find. Hide there, do NOT leave. Take what you need, take your children. I'm not just talking to the ones who're watching, I'm talking to the world. Even in Holooska. Spread the word in any way you can. Because the world as we know it just might end."

I heard a few people gasp, and turned to the news woman, who stared back at me with a shocked face. She mouthed, You're not joking..?

I shook my head slowly. Then ran off, before I could hear the commotion that I knew would happen. The chaos, and their accusations against me. I ran all the way back to Tails's house, and opened the door to find him standing there, arms crossed awkwardly and him glaring up at me.

We stood there for an awkward minute.

".. You do realize what you just. Did right." He growled.

"Yeah." I replied, beginning to step inside. He stepped in front of me.

"Do you really?"