Episode 12: How Did you Find Dave?

Alvin: Hey! We're back with another question, and its from a user named IluvTheChipmunks

Jeanette: The question is for the boys, and it reads, "How did you find Dave, and what were the first few hours with Dave like?"

Theodore: We met Dave seven years ago, we were really young, and we have a few faint memories about what happened.

Simon: If you look back at our 80's cartoon, there's an episode that explains how and why Dave took us in, and how our careers started. Our mother, Vinnie, tried to protect us from the harsh winter weather by leaving us to live with a kind man who lived in a cottage in our woods. This man happened to be Dave, a man who was struggling to pay his rent since his music career was failing slightly. He wasn't allowed to keep pets in his cottage, so it was hard for him at first to keep us a secret. Later, the three of us decided to help Dave by recording a song for him, and playing it on a radio station. Dave did his best to keep our own singing careers strong, alongside being our father and caretaker.

Alvin: In our cgi movies, we found Dave almost by accident. The tree we were living in in the Forrest was chopped down, and used as a Christmas tree in a huge office building. We were still in the tree when it was put up and decorated, dumb lumberjacks.

Theodore: But we decided to escape and head back to the Forrest as soon as Simon explained where we were. We had no idea how crazy it was below the tree, there were people walking everywhere! Then, as we were avoiding being squished by people walking, we saw someone holding a basket, and we decided to jump into it. And guess what, it was filled with muffins, so there was no way I was leaving that paradise!

Simon: Little did we know, the person carrying the basket was Dave, someone who could really help us pursue our talents, and become singing sensations. He took us home without knowing, and tried to kill us when he found us! He finally began to accept us when he saw that we could sing, and he let us live with him. Through a long sequence of events, Dave became our best friend, manager, and father, and we could not be happier.

Theodore: In our cgi TV series, we met Dave in a similar way as the 80's cartoon, we were left on his doorstep by our mother.

Alvin: Yeah, I remember, we wouldn't leave him alone until he took us in.

Brittany: It's hard to believe that you guys met Dave seven years ago.

Alvin: I know, I don't know where we would be without him. Probably digging for food from garbage cans or something.

Simon: Come on Alvin, we're not scavengers.

Jeanette: Thank you for the question! And please be sure to leave more in the comments section below. Bye guys!