Episode 32: Dare (Brittany)

Brittany: Well everyone, I've been dared by @IsaMiller125 to somehow make Alvin jealous. Not really sure if this is gonna work, Alvin would normally try to hide any emotion when it comes to answering a personal question about me. I have a few ideas in mind on how to do it, but one really sticks out to me. I'm gonna give it a try.

~

After Brittany recorded the previous line, she paid Simon five bucks to go along with her plan. As much as Simon had been against it, he wanted to get revenge on Alvin for breaking the wiring on his newly coded robot. Brittany zip-lined back to her tree house and instantly called Simon on her phone. Earlier, Alvin mentioned that he wanted to go skateboarding, so Simon made sure to bring the board up to his room so Alvin would come upstairs to find it. Simon notified Brittany as to when Alvin was walking up the stairs. Simon quickly pressed the screen of his phone to put Brittany on speaker mode.

Simon cleared his throat. "But Brittany, y-you want me to do what?"

"You know exactly what I want you to do," Brittany answered back, using a seductive tone. Simon could sense Alvin at the door.

Alvin had his ear glued to the crack of the door on the other side. His eyes were wide with complete and utter shock. He couldn't stop listening, even though he desperately wanted to know what was to happen next.

"But Brittany," Simon panted, trying to hold back laughter. "What will the others think? Your sisters? Alvin?"

Alvin's ears perked up.

"Nobody needs to know," Brittany giggled, looking through her window. "It's just a movie night at my house. In the dark, on the couch, and a big bowl of warm, crunchy pop-"

Alvin couldn't take this much longer. His own brother, possibly going out with the only woman he... Brittany, just Brittany. Only a friend. His best friend. He shoved the door open and marched right over to Simon.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" Alvin clenched his fists, blood boiling.

"Just making plans with a friend," Simon smiled smugly. "Why, Alvin? Is there a possibility that you're jealous of me?"

"JEALOUS?" Alvin exclaimed. "There is NO way that I'd ever be jealous of you."

"Well, then why are you getting so upset?" Simon crossed his arms.

"Because you just got off the phone with Brittany!" Alvin tried ignoring the urge to become violent. "Can't you just watch a movie with Jeanette?"

"Well, of course I could," Simon answered. "but Brittany invited me. She said you'd never do this kind of thing with her."

Alvin was stunned. "WHAT? I never said that! Why would she think that? Why in the world would she ask you?"

Brittany was satisfied with the results she'd received, so she zip-lined back into the boys' room.

Alvin marched over to her, his expression filled with hurt.

"Brittany?" Alvin did his best to look angry. "Why would you ask Simon to watch a movie with you? You know I'd watch one with you, you'd have a much better time with me that this dweebus!"

"I'm not gonna take offense to that," Simon interjected.

Brittany suddenly felt guilty. "Sorry Alvin, but I did it for the podcast..."

Alvin furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I was dared to make you jealous," Brittany replied with a mischievous smirk. "Clearly it worked. Thanks again Simon."

She walked over to him and handed him a five dollar bill.

"No problem Brittany," Simon stuffed the bill in his pocket.

"Wha- wha- what?" Alvin was speechless. "You mean no? Date? Simon?"

"Gross," Brittany scoffed. "Of course not."

"I'm not gonna take offense to that either," Simon called from the hallway.

"You made it seem so real," Alvin said quietly, still in shock.

"I'm a pretty good actor," Brittany remarked. "But wow, to think I actually made Alvin Seville jealous."

"You did not!" Alvin argued. "I was just, concerned that Simon wouldn't be the best option to be so, you know, close with."

"I'm sorry," Brittany genuinely felt bad that Alvin was so upset. "Would it make you feel any better if you came over and..." Brittany purposely trailed off.

"And what?" Alvin's eyes widened as they did before.

"You know exactly what I want you to do," Brittany jokingly used the same tone as before. She then began cracking up hysterically.

"Hey!" Alvin couldn't hold back a smile. "That's not funny!"

"You wanna watch a movie?" She asked, walking towards him and resting an arm around his shoulder. "Nobody needs to know," she stuck out her tongue.

"Yeah," Alvin rolled his eyes, not amused by the teasing. His heart had begun to race due to the level of intensity.

Brittany laughed and broke their gaze. "You gotta catch me first!" she shouted, running down the hallway. Alvin chased after her, a wave of confidence taking over him.