The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 9

I walked into the classroom, pausing at the door.

“Welcome, Ms. Pierce.” Snape smiled, his black eyes burning into mine. “Draco!” my heart sank. Draco walked out of the closet, carrying a brown cloak. “You’ll need that tonight.” He took the cloak from Draco and held it out for me. I took it, looking at Draco who looked unhappy to be there.

“I’m sorry, but what is it that we’re doing?” Snape’s smirk turned into the most disturbing smile I’d ever seen.
“We’re going into the Forbidden Forest.” My heart dropped into my stomach. I’d heard rumors of what lurked in the forest and I was sure I didn’t want anything to do with it.

“Isn’t it forbidden? I mean, that’s why they call it the Forbidden Forest, right?” I could hear the panic in my voice as Snape walked past me to the stairs.

“Dumbledore’s given me permission to go into the forest. Do you want to pass my class or not?” he hissed. I simply nodded, looking back at Draco who looked just as terrified as I was sure I did. He obviously had no idea what Snape was going to do which didn’t give me any confidence. “Come!” Snape ordered and Draco followed, motioning me to do the same. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Tonight was going to be long.

We made our way to the forest, pausing at the edge. Snape turned around and looked at us.

“Don’t stray from me and keep your wands up.” We took our wands from our pockets, igniting them and filling the dark around us with light. Snape began walking into the forest and we followed. Draco stayed on his heels and I on Draco’s. With every step the forest seemed to get colder and darker and a constant chill ran down my spine.

We seemed to walk forever before Snape suddenly stopped, turning around to us.

“Stay here.” Before either of us could protest he was gone and we were alone. Even with our wands, the light wasn’t enough. Suddenly I heard something in the distance.

“What was that?” I turned, looking for the source of the noise. Again I heard the noise, but this time it was from the other side.

“Maybe it was just our imaginations.” I looked up, noticing I was holding onto Draco; my hands pressed against his chest and his arms around my waist. I turned as the sound of someone walking closer filled my ears. I held onto Draco tighter as a shadow moved in the night.

Suddenly the noise stopped and the shadow vanished. The night was quiet again and we were alone.

“What WAS that?” I asked finally, breaking the silence.

“You don’t want to know.” He answered, sounding as if he knew what it was. I looked up, meeting his eyes and searching them for a hint, but finding nothing. Nothing but that crazy look you only see in romantic movies right before the characters share that big kiss. The kiss that brings the characters together and makes them realize how much they really care for each other.

We moved closer together, our bodies already intertwined. I closed my eyes, waiting for the moment.

“Draco!” I pulled away as Snape joined us, his cloak ripped and his arm bleeding. “Come on.” He snarled and began walking away. I turned to look at Draco once more who looked back, that look in his eyes gone. I followed Snape, Draco right behind me.

“Go to bed before someone finds you.” Snape ordered then walked away. I turned and began walking towards my common room.

“What do you think that was?” Draco asked walking beside me.

“Go to bed Draco.” I said simply.

“I will once I walk you.”

“I’ll be fine.” I glared at him from the corner of my eye. I may have had a lapse in judgment in the woods, but I didn’t need anyone to look after me.