The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 10

It had been two weeks since the beginning of school and everything was going fine. I enjoyed my classes especially since I had potions with Delia even if Draco was there.

“Sit.” Snape ordered as he entered the room. Everyone took their seats, Delia and I sitting in the back next to one another. “Chapter 6.” We opened our books.

As Snape explained the new potion we were learning I couldn’t help but notice Draco across the room. He was snickering with his goons, writing something on a piece of paper. I watched as he threw it at a Gryffindor girl named Lindsay Florentine. She opened it, reading it and I could tell by the look on her face it wasn’t nice. I shook my head, looking back down at the book. I really needed to learn to ignore him or I’d be driven insane.

“I’ll meet you in the common room, I just have to grab something really quick.” I told Delia, heading to the library to grab a book I’d been wanting to check out on Transfiguration. I turned the corner and stopped. Oh great.

“Well, well, well, looks like a Gryffindor lost her way.” Pansy smirked from Draco’s side. She grabbed his hand, her smirk growing.

“I’m just trying to get to the library.” I sighed.

“I’m sorry, I don’t speak mudblood.” Her scowl grew.

“And I don’t speak bitch.” I regretted my words as soon as they left my mouth. Not because they would hurt her, but because now there was sure to be confrontation.

“What did you say mudblood?” she stepped forward, her smirk turned into a glare.

“Oh so now you know what I’m saying?” I couldn’t help myself.

“You better watch what you say.” She took another step.

“Or what? You’ll call me mudblood again, cause you already did that.” If looks could kill, I’d be splattered on the walls.

“You’re so-“ she stopped as someone turned the corner. It was a group of Hufflepuffs, walking quickly by. I smirked at Pansy then walked by, slipping into the library.

My heart was pounding in my ears. I grabbed my book and rushed to the common room to meet Delia. I’d just made an enemy and an extremely angry one at that.

I had a day off of classes and it came at just the right time. I was getting uncomfortable with all the death glares from Pansy and her friends and pretty much every Slytherin.

“I’m gonna go down by the lake.” I told Delia, grabbing my new book and heading out the portrait hole.

I made my way out of the castle, losing myself in my thoughts. Suddenly I was stopped by someone. I looked up, expecting it to be Pansy.

“Draco?” I looked behind him to see if Pansy was hiding.

“She’s not here.” He reassured me.

“Okay, then what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I loved the way you handled Pansy.” I couldn’t look him in the eyes. I searched for anywhere to look but at him. I nodded, not sure what to say. His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me into him.

“Draco-“ I started to protest, but he cut me off.

“It almost seemed as if you were fighting for me.” He smirked.

“Well, I wasn’t so could you please let go?” I asked, pushing against his chest.

“Tell me you don’t miss me.” He teased, grabbing the nape of my neck with his free hand. “tell me you don’t love the way I hold you.” my heart was caught in my throat, making it impossible for me to protest. He leaned forward, kissing my neck and biting it lightly. I felt like I was going to explode or at least melt. He stopped, his every breath on my skin sending chills down my spine. “Tell me to stop.” Stop! I screamed in my head, but the word wouldn’t come out. Stop before I end up as puddle on the floor. I could feel his smile against my skin at my silence.