The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 14

I couldn’t sleep. My adrenaline was still rushing from the ball and I couldn’t fall asleep. I stood up out of bed, glancing at Delia who was fast asleep and crept out of the room. I walked down the stairs to the Great Hall, looking inside. It was back to normal, all evidence of the night gone. I sighed, walking down another hall. The castle was quiet, the only sounds were the creaking of people in their beds and the ghosts wandering around.

Delia was leaving in the morning for Winter break and I was stuck at school. Even Cedric was leaving and I was hoping to spend more time with him.

“You’re always breaking the rules.” I turned around and sighed.

“I don’t know if you noticed, but you are, too Draco.” He smirked.

“But I’m much better at sneaking around than you.” He stepped beside me, his breath hitting my neck and sending chills down my spine.

“You’d be surprised.” It took everything in me not to let my voice shake.

“But I’m kind of disappointed in you, Quendie.” His lips brushed against my neck.

“Why?” What am I doing?! Stop egging him on!

“I saw you with Cedric. I was hoping you had better taste than that.” He kissed my neck and all the way to my jaw, grabbing my chin and looking me in the eyes. “But you looked amazing tonight.” He kissed my lips lightly; my knees nearly gave out. He pressed his lips against mine again, this time harder, his arms wrapping around my waist.

Suddenly he pulled away, looking down the hall. He grabbed my hand, silently pulling me in the opposite direction. He stopped at a statue and whispered something. The statue swung open and he pulled me inside and down a long hallway. He opened a door at the end of the hallway and stepped out.

We were standing at the edge of the lake, the stars shining above us and the dark water seeming to go on forever.

“What happened?” I asked, looking around to make sure no one was there, but we were completely alone.

“I heard someone coming. Plus, I just wanted to get you alone.” He pulled me into his chest, kissing my neck.

“Draco, please.” I begged, but the words got caught in my throat.

“So tell me.” He pulled away, his arm still around my waist. “Are you with that Cedric kid?” when he said Cedric’s name, a look of disgust flashed in his eyes. That was a good question. I liked him and I was pretty sure he liked me, but we never said anything official.

“What if I am?” he smirked. I pushed him away, crossing my arms off my chest. “Why do you care? You have Pansy, why can’t I have Cedric?” he laughed, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I never said you couldn’t.”

“Then why are you doing this? Why now?”

“Because I’m leaving tomorrow and I couldn’t wait two weeks to see if I could still make you melt. Does he know how to kiss you?” he pulled me back into him, my arms the only thing keeping us apart. “Does he know how you love to be kissed here?” he kissed the crook of my neck, sending shivers down my body. “Or here?” he continued to kiss up my neck, my legs giving out. I held onto his neck, our lips connecting again.

Maybe I really didn’t like Cedric. Maybe I was just using him to take my mind off of Draco, but he made me feel so good. I felt like he wasn’t the only one in control when we were together and I felt we could talk. With Draco, I couldn’t really explain why, but I felt some kind of attraction to him. Something in me let him take control and wouldn’t let me say no no matter how much I hated it.

“I think it’s time to go to bed.” I said finally, breaking the kiss; my lips were still tingling. I decided to just give in. Draco wasn’t going to stop, and I wasn’t sure I really wanted him to. It was my way to get back at Pansy as sick as that was. And Cedric and I weren’t officially together. If he ever asked, I would break it off with Draco. I smiled to myself as we parted. I wouldn’t be able to sleep still, but I didn’t mind. I was happy, and Draco was spending the winter in the castle as well; without Pansy. Life was good.