The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 33

We traveled for months, trying to throw the Death Eaters and Snatchers, which were given the task to find "mud-bloods" and bring them in to the Ministry, off our trail. We took turns wearing the locket which seemed to change everyone's mood. The littlest things would upset whoever was wearing the locket. It was like the piece of Voldemort's soul that was inside overtook the wearer and made them bitter. I hated wearing the locket. I could feel Voldemort, like he was close to me and it made me sick to my stomach. He had killed everyone I'd ever loved and the only time I wanted to be close to him was to kill him. 
We had figured out that the Sword of Gryffindor could be used to destroy the Horcruxes because it had been fused with Basilisk venom when Harry killed the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets. It was crazy how much I hadn't known about Harry, Ron, and Hermione's adventures through the years. We just had to figure out where the sword was.
"The sword came to you in the Chamber of Secrets, right?" I asked; Harry nodded. We sat in silence, all of us thinking. Harry and Hermione wandered off, checking the perimeter. Ron was wearing the locket and I could tell he was getting annoyed that Harry and Hermione were spending time together. I could see he liked Hermione and she liked him, but they never told each other. It was kind of cute to watch them, but with the locket around Ron's neck he couldn't help but feel overly jealous.
If the sword came to Harry once before, couldn't it come again, I thought.
"What do you think they're doing?" Ron asked, staring at Harry and Hermione who were standing just outside the entrance of the tent.
"I'm pretty sure they're trying to figure out this whole Horcrux thing like we are." I answered, looking at Delia who looked uneasy.
"But you're not sure." he snapped. I could see this was going to get bad.
"Ron, why don't you let me wear the locket?" I offered, but he ignored me, standing up and walking over to Harry and Hermione.
"This is going to end badly." Delia stood up and i followed, joining the three outside.
"Great! Another thing we have to find!" Ron said frustrated.
"Did you expect this to be easy?" harry asked. "I told you you didn't have to come." Oh great, I thought.
"Fine. I can see you two don't need me." he took the locket off, throwing it to the ground. Before any of us could stop him, he was gone.
"Good riddance." Harry said, picking up the locket and putting it on.
"You don't mean that." I said, trying to mend things.
"If he doesn't want to be here, then we don't need him." he spat. We needed to destroy the locket as soon as possible before it tore us apart completely.

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling of the tent. It had been days since Ron left and everyone's spirits were down. I sighed and wandered outside, unable to sleep. It was cold outside, the ground littered with snow. I walked through the trees, listening to the sounds of the night. There were animals and the quiet whisper of the wind through the woods. Suddenly a light appeared in the distance, shining brightly in the dark. I walked towards it carefully, making sure not to make any noise. As I came closer I could see it was a Patronus; a doe. It looked at me then walked over to a frozen lake. It disappeared into the water, but there was something else there. It gleamed in the moonlight and I could just make out what it was, but I knew it was the sword. Before I could even think of what I was doing, I jumped into the freezing water through a break in the ice. My skin felt like it was on fire and all of the breath had been knocked out of me by the sudden cold, but I swam to the bottom, grabbing the sword. I swam back to the surface, but couldn't find the hole again. I searched the ice, but I was running out of air. My vision was going black and my hands and feet were numb. The surface was getting further and further away and the blackness was taking over.
"Quendie!" I coughed, air filling my lungs and the darkness receding. Ron looked down at me, his clothes wet and his red hair stuck to his face. The sword was still grasped in my hand and a wave of relief washed over me.
"Where did you come from?" I asked, sitting up.
"I heard my name, in the deluminator." he held it up. "And it took me here."
"Well, I'm glad it did." I smiled and he smiled back. We stood up and started walking back to the tent. Harry, Hermione, and Delia were standing in the entrance, waiting for us.
"Where did you go?!" Delia looked worried. I held out the sword and everyone looked at it surprised.
"How did you find it?" Hermione asked, looking at Ron.
"I saw a Patronus in the woods and it led me to the sword." Delia removed the locket from her neck.
"Let's finally destroy this thing." she walked over to a fallen tree and placed the locket on top of it. I looked at everyone who nodded back at me, signaling I was the one who had to do it. I turned to the locket, the sword in my hand. A black smoke filled the air, towering over us. Images of my adoptive parents formed in the smoke. They were sitting on the couch when suddenly the door bursts open and Voldemort walked in. I could see the fear in their eyes as he killed them. Then Voldemort's laughter filled the air and I could feel rage building inside me. I lifted the sword over my head and brought it down on the locket. It shattered and the smoke disappeared. I collapsed to my knees, dropping the sword beside me and letting the tears run down my cheeks.
Delia knelt down beside me, hugging me gently.
"Well, that's over." Ron sighed. I looked up, Hermione glaring at Ron who looked confused. "What?"
"Really Ron?" she asked, annoyed.
"What?" he repeated, oblivious. She threw her hands up in the air and retreated into the tent. He followed her, mumbling something about not understanding women. Harry sat down next to me and Delia left us to be alone.
"You were brilliant, you know." he said.
"Thanks." I smiled slightly. "I guess I take after my big brother." he smiled. It was weird to call him my brother, but it felt good. We were all we had left and I wasn't going to let anything happen to him.