~Chapter 3~

Once I can no longer see him, I sit down on the curb and break down. My mind is racing. How am I supposed to get over him now? I wish Lexi was here with me. She would know what to do, though then again, I haven't been quite honest with her lately. It's not that he hasn't gotten over me that bothers me, but the fact that I haven't gotten over him yet. Now, I don't know if I will ever be able to. My teardrops hit the sidewalk and blend in with the following raindrops that begin to fall from the sky. I sigh and get up as it proceeds to rain harder. I tuck the book under my sweater to prevent it from getting wet and continue on my way home.

                               _________________________

I shut the front door behind me. "Where have you been, young lady?" My dad stands at the bottom of the stairs, blocking my only way around him. "Lexi went with me to a magic shop..." My dad sighs. "Mandy, how many times do I have to tell you? No more magic tricks! Your brother is still recovering from that last one..." I roll my eyes. "No dad. We went to the magic shop so I could get a book on Houdini for school."

I take the book out from under my sweater and place it in his outstretched hand. He takes his glasses from around his neck and puts them on before examining the book. I wait patiently as he thoroughly inspects it. Finally, he hands it back to me and moves away from the stairs.

"Thanks dad." I hug my dad before heading up the stairs to my room. I shut my bedroom door and place the book down on my dresser. I take off my sweater and hang it back up in my closet. I flop down on my lavender bed and stare up at the glow in the dark stars I glued on the ceiling when I was younger. As I'm laying there, my phone dings again. I pull it out and look at the screen.

One new message from Grayson.

I unlock my phone to see what he has to say now.

'One minute ago: Hey just wanted to make sure you got home okay. Did you?'

I smile as I text him back.

'Yeah. I got home safe and sound.'

He texts me back almost immediately.

'Okay. Good. See you tomorrow.'

I put my phone back into my pocket, but it dings again. I pull it back out to see who it is this time.

One new message from Lexi.

I open my phone again.

'One minute ago:Come outside. U need to collect ur brother. Also, I have something to tell u...'

I roll my eyes at Lexi's habit of not spelling out "you" and "your" as I drag myself out of my bed and head downstairs. As soon as I open the door, I get hugged.

"Mandy! Mandy! You'll never guess what me and Ryan did today!" Adam's green eyes shine under the lens of his glasses. I kneel down so I'm his height. "Wow! You guys must have had a lot of fun today." Adam nods his head excitedly. Over his head, I can see Lexi standing to the side. I look back over at Adam. "Do you think you can tell me later buddy? Lexi has to talk to me about something important."
He frowns at me. "But can't you guys just text each other instead? That's what you guys normally do!"

I make a pouty face. He sighs. "Fine. I'll tell you later I guess. Hey Dad! You'll never guess what me and Ryan did today!" I stand up and rub his head as he runs inside. I walk over to Lexi. "What do you need Lexi?" Lexi looks up upon hearing her name. "Mandy! You're not going to believe the good news!"