~Chapter 19~

Jarron's face goes blank. "Well aren't you going to tell us Derrick?" Sage pokes Derrick repeatedly before he swats her hands away. "This isn't something to be taken lightly Sage. Especially you." Sage pouts and sits down beside her expressionless brother. "Sorry." Derrick sighs. "It's alright Sage." I interrupt the two of them. "Aren't you going to tell us what you saw Derrick?" He wags his finger at me. "Right. Of course. Thanks."

Suddenly, there is a sharp piercing whistle. The boys cover their ears. Sage and I hear more of what sounds like someone whispering our names. I stand up to go investigate but Sage tells me to sit back down. "No. Don't worry. I'll go see what it is." Cautiously, she makes her way out of the room and into the cave. The door closes shut behind her. The noise continues for another five minutes before stopping abruptly. The boys go back to their original positions. Grayson steals the empty seat next to Jarron. "Go ahead Derrick. You can tell us what you saw."

Derrick sighs. "Alright, but one of you isn't going to like it. At first, it's a bit blurry. When my vision clears, I'm in this small room, and it's very dark. Then somewhere, a door opens and bright light hits me in the face, making me go blind. The whiteness fades to black. When I open my eyes again, there are these two people in front of me. One of them has really purple eyes and hair. The other one sort of looks like Grayson, but with shorter hair and brown eyes. The one with purple hair is holding a syringe filled with a red liquid. I look down at my chest where my shirt is rolled up and see a small red circle on my abdomen. Purple hair then hands the guy what I now know is a syringe full of my blood before my vision goes blurry again. The next time I open my eyes, the guy has a syringe full of something green. I look down to see my hands are cuffed against a board. I watch as the needle goes into my chest and dispenses the green stuff. My vision goes black about a minute after that. When eyes open for the last time in the vision, I am on the ground. I look around me to see that I am sitting in a pool of blood.  I look to my side to see not only am I holding a jagged piece of glass in my hand, but my wrists have uneven slits in them as well. I look up at the door as it opens before my sight goes black again and the vision ends."

There's a long period of silence. Derrick stares at the ground, Grayson and I look at each other, and Jarron continues to sit there with no emotion. Finally, he says something. "How does this relate to my sister Derrick?" Derrick looks him in the eyes. "In the vision, the person from whom I was 'seeing' from had long ginger hair, small hands and was wearing the color orange. Sound like your sister? I think so."

Jarron goes pale as a look of horror and utter distress crosses his face. He gets up and leaves abruptly. As he goes, I notice that his hands are shaking badly. A thought crosses my mind. Where is Sage?  I look around the room and find no sign of her anywhere. Maybe she's still outside. I decide to go talk to Jarron before heading out to look for her.

I knock softly on Jarron's door. It creaks open slightly, giving me a small look at Jarron. His face is red and tear streaked. He looks over at me as I push the door open and enter. I shut the door before sitting down beside him. "Hey." He looks back down at the ground. "Hey." His soft voice makes me blush. I look away from him. "Are you okay?"

He nods his head as he wipes away a few tears. Suddenly, he pulls me into a big hug. "No. No I'm not okay Mandy! I've never been okay since they killed Amanda!" I don't know what to say, so I let him cry on my shoulder for a bit before he continues. "Amanda was my girlfriend. They took here and killed her when I was around. I couldn't do anything to stop it. I felt so helpless Mandy! Ever since then, I haven't stopped feeling that helplessness." He sits up straight and stares into my eyes. "Now they have Sage Mandy. The only person who's helped me with what happened to me." He looks down again. "I don't know if I can go on without her..."

The last tear hits the floor before he wipes the rest of them away. I put my arm around him. "It's going to be okay Jarron. Sage is strong. Maybe Derrick's vision was incorrect, or maybe it wasn't even your sister." Jarron nods his head miserably. He grabs an almost empty bottle if alcohol off of his nightstand and takes a sip from it. He offers some to me, but I decline. He drinks the rest of it before putting the empty bottle back.

We sit there in silence for a while. He gently intertwines his hand in mine. He lays back and pulls me on top of him. He stares blankly into my eyes, his blue eyes seeming to swirl slowly and thoughtfully. My cheeks go red as he leans up to kiss me. His breath smells of the beer he drank, so I push him away gently. Not giving up on getting that kiss, he takes my other hand in his and tries again. I move my face. He misses as his lips graze my cheek.

Grazing my cheek gets him excited. He wraps his arms around me and pins me to him. His hands rub my back as he tries continuously to kiss me. He manages to get both of my cheeks twice and my nose once before he starts to grow frustrated. His brow furrows in frustration as he tries harder to touch his lips with mine. His hands also find the edge of my shirt and slip under it. I can feel his hand moving up my back as he traces my spine.

Starting to grow uncomfortable, I quickly kiss him and he lets go. I get off of him and quickly make my way outside to find Sage.