~Chapter 32~

The streets seem quiet as I limp down the sidewalk. My left leg has almost gone completely numb, but it still hurts when pressure is applied. I listen to the wind whistle through the trees as I shiver. I wish I had grabbed my jacket before I left. I sigh as I stop and stare up at the grey sky. A raindrop lands on my nose. I wipe it away as a few more land on my cheeks. I take a deep breath and look down as it starts to pour. Instantly, I am drenched in water. My teeth clatter as my body is enveloped in coldness. The rain makes my white shirt see through so my bra is visible. I really regret not taking my jacket with me.

By now, my leg is numb all the way. I try to continue limping, but my leg is useless. I just stand there awkwardly in the rain. Suddenly, something grabs my arm and pulls me. I turn sharply to see a pair of swirling gold eyes. Their rough hand covers my mouth and clamps it shut. I scream loudly, but my shouts for help are muffled. I kick around with my right leg, but it is futile. My kidnapper is behind me, not in front of me. My view changes from being on the street to surrounded by trees.

The memory of Grayson's bite mark comes back to me as I bite down hard. They yelp in pain and throw me against a tree. There is a thud as my back makes contact with bark. I moan as I slide down the tree and slouch over. My vision goes fuzzy. I can make out the trees and who I'm now one hundred percent sure is Derrick. His tall figure staggers towards me. I just sit there and watch him approach me, mentally paralyzed with anxiety and pain. He grabs me roughly by my collar and lifts me up. He pins my waist against the tree between his legs and proceeds to kiss my face.

I move my head around in an attempt to dodge his kisses. His lips hit the tree several times before he grows frustrated. Using one hand to hold both of my arms up, he takes his now free hand and holds my head in one position. My body trembles gently as his lips find mine. He uses his tongue as well as biting my lower lip. His kisses move up my cheek and to my ear. He whispers something before he nibbles on my ear. "I'm going to make you feel so good in so many ways..."

My cheeks go red in embarrassment as I focus my eyes on him. He lets go of my face as he moves his kisses to my neck. Here, they are harder and more vicious than they were on my face. He drags his hand down my chest, brushing his fingers over my breast, and stops at the bottom of my shirt. My heart starts to panic as it beats rapidly. Derrick is trying to rape me again.

My eyes start to tear up as he slips his fingers under the edge of my shirt. "D...Derrick...please...don't do this to me..." His kisses stop below my neck line as he moves his head away from me. Our eyes lock briefly. His gold eyes swirl intensely with an emotion I can't recognize. A few tear roll down my cheeks as he licks his lips and looks down before lifting my shirt up. My words get caught in my throat as I start to sob. "...please Derrick...I'm begging you... please don't don't this to me..." He ignores me as he lifts my shirt over my head.

Tears stream down my face as he places his hand on one of my breasts. My body shakes as his hand moves to the clasp on my bra. "...no...please...don't do this...please..." I cry very hard as he undoes the clasp and takes off my bra. He takes his hand cups one of my breasts in it. He doesn't move for a moment. "...Derrick please..." He removes his hand from my chest but continues staring at it. My chest heaves up and down as I try to get my breathing back under control.

Suddenly, Derrick grunts as he grabs me and hurls me against another tree again. There's a loud thud as I hit the tree and a muffled thump as I land on the leave covered ground. I roll myself over in agony. As I stare at the bare branches above me, I can hear the leaves crunch as Derrick leaves me here. "...help...me..." I whimper and moan softly, praying that someone will find me here before it's too late.

After a few minutes of just laying there, I hear someone approaching me. I tilt my head in their direction and stare miserably. The edge of my vision starts to go black. I move my arm slightly, making the leaves beneath it crackle and crunch. The footsteps get closer and closer. All I can see is a pair of blue eyes. I mumble Grayson's name as I lift my hand weakly.

He seems to notice me and comes over to me. This time, as he wraps his arms around me, I don't  scratch him or push him away. I don't have the energy to do that, and I am in too much pain to attempt that either. I let him lift me up and hold me against his chest tightly. I curl up into a ball and rest my head against his chest.

His soft embrace starts to warm me up instantly. I sob softly into his shirt. "I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry..." He gently runs his hand down the side of my face before running through my hair. I wrap my arms around him tightly as he whispers. "Shhh. It's okay Mandy. Everything is going to be okay. I promise..."