~Chapter 16~

Log #268-Wednsday, 8:25am(Halfway through 1st Period)
During Miss Baker's lecture on the invention of the lightbulb, I felt a slight tremor in the ground. Very weird considering I am nowhere near a fault line. Could this be the works of...the Magic???

"Dustin Drussel! Pay attention!" Dustin sighs as he shuts his activity log and opens up his notebook. He rolls his eyes as Miss Baker turns back around to the chalkboard. While she isn't watching, he rips out a piece of paper and scribbles down a message on it before passing it behind him to Savannah Gates.

Setting down her pencil, she looks up and makes sure the coast is clear before uncrumpling Dustin's message. Did you feel that too? We must go invesegate! Bathroom! Now! She snorts at his improper spelling of investigate before clearing her throat and  raising her hand. "Yes, Miss Gates?" "May I use the restroom Miss Baker?" She gestures for her to go ahead, so she stands up and straightens her skirt before leaving the room. Instead of going to the restroom, she leans against the wall outside of the classroom and waits for Dustin.

Sure enough, Dustin comes out a few minutes after her. "I swear Savannah. I am on to something this time. It must have something to do with that Shade girl! It must!" Savannah sighs as hurries to catch up with Dustin. "Dustin, you've been saying that ever since she came here, and when was that?" He doesn't stop. "1st grade? 2nd grade? I don't know. Somewhere around there."

Savannah grabs his arm, forcing him to stop. "Exactly! Ever since then, nothing has happened! Just drop it already! The Magic, or whatever you call them, don't exist!" He stares at her for a moment before responding. "Listen Savannah, I understand if you just come with me because I'm good looking, but if that is really the case, then you can go back to class and let me do this on my own."

She stands there for a moment as he continues through the halls. "Now wait a minute Dustin! I don't think you're hot!" She goes after him, knowing that what she said isn't true. She really likes him, with his maple brown hair and blue green eyes. She herself was rather attractive. Her neon purple hair is cut in a bob that shows off her high cheek bones and model-esque face. Pair that with her violet eyes and you have a quite a woman. She catches up to him and they continue on their way in silence.

Like usual, the girl's locker room is unlocked and unoccupied, so they slip in easily. With Dustin's help, Savannah lands in the grass on the east side of the building. Dustin lands beside her almost instantly. "Why does it feel like every time we do this, the window gets smaller and smaller?" She rolls her eyes. "How am I supposed to know? Now, more importantly, where to Mr. Psychic?"

They stop in the trees by the lake. "It seemed to originate from this area." Savannah starts to sigh, but Dustin cuts her off. "Shh! Look!" When they look, they see two people talking at the edge of the lake. "I thought you said no one lives out here." He looks over at Savannah and responds in a whisper. "Exactly. No one does." As they continue to watch from the safety of the foliage, one of the figure goes inside the cave and the other stays outside. Readjusting her stance, Savannah steps on a twig causing it to snap.

Dustin looks at her as the figure looks in their vicinity. With a worried look on her face, she hurries inside the cave and pulls the rock in front of the entrance, something both of them miss. "Look what you did Savannah! Now they now we're here!" She scoffs as he crosses his arms. "Well I can't help it that gravity exists." He ignores her and mumbles to himself.

"Great. This is just great..." Growing angry with him, she gets in his face. "Well what do you want me to do Dustin? Say sorry?" He stares at her upset face for a moment before pushing her away. "It's too late for that Savannah. You missed your chance."

Furious, she leans down and pulls a knife out of her knee high boot. She grabs him by his collar and pushes his back against one of the trees before pressing the blade against his neck. "You are really getting on my last nerves Dustin." Dustin looks from her eyes that flicker with anger down the the blade at his neck.

He swallows nervously before speaking in a voice laced with fear. "Li...listen Savannah. I'm sorry. Just... put the knife back and we can talk about this..." His hands shake as he gestures for her to set down the knife. She hesitates before grunting unhappily and releasing him. He collapses to the ground.

She chuckles at his apparent display of fear. "What's so funny?" She laughs. "You actually thought I was going to kill you." She bends down and kisses him quickly. "Come on. I know what you're thinking. Let's at least get out of the awful uniforms and into something more comfortable. Then we can get some snacks for your little  'stake-out'." Savannah strides off into the Forrest, barely leaving Dustin a chance to recover and catch up to her.