~Chapter 20~

On my way out, Grayson grabs my arm and pulls me into the training room. "Hey Mandy. Do you have a minute?" He looks at me nervously. Sensing something is bothering him, I nod my head and motion for him to continue. He sighs." "Okay. First things first. I also have visions like Derrick, but this started happening recently. Just like him, I also had a vision, but mine came after his when there was that noise. In mine, I was sitting in that big room when you come running in from the hallway screaming for someone. Of course, I can't hear anything in the visions, just see them, so I don't know what you were screaming about. You grab my arm and pull me but only get me in a standing position before running back to wherever you came from. Then Derrick comes running and goes after you. After like a minute or so, you come running out to me again, only this time you're crying and have blood covering your hands and smeared on your cheek. You wrap your arms around me before my vision goes black and it ends."

He stops for a moment and takes a deep breath. "Did you tell Derrick about this Grayson?" He looks down and shakes his head. "No. I've only told you." I embrace him in a big hug, and he hugs me back. I rest my head on his shoulder and whisper into his ear. "Don't worry. It's going to be okay. I'll be fine." He nods his head before he lets me go. Suddenly, the door opens as Derrick steps in. "There you are Grayson! I figured you might be in here..." His voice trails off as he sees me. He stares at us for a moment. I look down to see that Grayson's hand is holding mine tightly. I try to pull my hand out, but to no avail. "Um, Grayson? You're kinda..." I gesture to our hands. "Oh. Sorry..." He blushes and lets go of my hand. I stare at the floor as I quickly make my way out of the room and outside.

Savannah meets up with Dustin behind the school. "Did you have any luck?" He shakes his head. "And the early dismissal isn't going to help us either." Savannah pouts mockingly before coming over and resting her forehead against Dustin's forehead. "You're smart. Think. Who might know where Mandy is?" Dustin closes his eyes as he thinks. Finally, he opens his eyes. "Quick. Get the car. I have an idea."

There's a knock on Lexi's door. "Don't worry Mom! I'll see who it is!" Lexi gets up from the couch and makes her way to the door. A quick view through the peephole reveals that her visitor is her boyfriend Dustin. She quickly unlocks the door and opens it. "Hey Dustin! I didn't know you were coming..." Her smile fades as she notices he is holding a gun pointed at her. His expression is cold and deadly serious. "Come with me. Now."

She attempts to swallow her anxiety as she turns towards her mother's direction. "Hey mom! I'm going to go out with some friends. Uh...I should be back before dinner." "Okay sweetie. Have fun!" A tear rolls down her cheek. "I love you." "I love you too honey." Lexi grabs her keys off of the wall before going with Dustin. He gets in on the passenger side.

"Well that was quick." Savannah leans forward from the back seat and kisses Dustin's cheek as he buckles in. Lexi shakes as she gets in and places her hands on the steering wheel. "Dustin, who is that?" Savannah scoffs. "Honey, I am his smarter and better looking girlfriend. And who are you?" Another tear rolls down Lexi's face as she buckles in as well. "Nobody..." Savannah's purple lips curl into an evil grin. "That's what I thought." Dustin takes the gun out of his pocket and hands it to Savannah. "Keep it pointed on her." Lexi takes a deep breath as she hears Savannah cock the gun. "With pleasure." Dustin leans back in his seat before giving Lexi directions. "Take us to Mandy's house."

Lexi parks the car in front of Mandy's house. "Remember what I told you to do?" She nods her head nervously as she gets out of the car. "Good. Five minutes." She takes a deep breath before walking up to the house. Her hand shakes as she reaches up and knocks on the door. While waiting for it to open, she looks back at the people in the car. Savannah waves at her sarcastically as Dustin points at his watch. She turns back around as the door opens and reveals Adam taking a sip from his juice box.

"Hi Lexi!" He opens the door all the way and hugs her. She hugs him back and thinks about Ryan miserably. "Hey Adam." She takes a moment to focus on what Dustin wants as he lets go of her. "Is Mandy home?" Adam takes another sip of his juice. "No. She's not here." Lexi looks down. "Oh. Do you know where she is or might be?" She stuffs her shaking hands in the sweatshirt Dustin got her. Adam takes a moment to think. "No. The last time I saw her was when she was with Jarron. At least I think that's the last time I saw her." Lexi smiles weakly and she ruffles Adam's hair with her shaking hand. "Thanks Adam. Tell your mom and dad that I said hi." Adam waves as he closes the door. Lexi takes a moment to breathe before turning around and going back.

"So? Where is she?" Dustin questions her as she gets in and buckles in. "He...he doesn't know." His brow furrows in frustration. "What do you mean 'He doesn't know'? He has to know! This is his sister we're talking about!" More tears stream down Lexi's face."I know! I'm sorry! " she shakes and covers her face as Dustin grabs her by the collar and pulls her closer to him. "Remember what we talked about earlier? Just be completely honest with me, and nothing will happen. What did he tell you Lexi?"

Lexi sobs into her hands. "He...told me that the last time he saw her was when she was with Jarron!" Dustin loosens his grip a bit. "And who is Jarron Lexi?" She sobs harder into her hands. "A...a friend of hers. All I remember is that he had red hair." She continues sobbing as he lets her go and looks back at Savannah, who silently understands what he means and nods her head. Dustin leans back in his seat casually as Savannah places herself behind Lexi.

"Okay. I believe you Lexi. You can go home now." Lexi peaks out from behind her hands. "You really mean that Dustin? I can go home now?" Dustin hides his crossed fingers behind his back as he nods. "Yeah. You can go home now." Lexi removes her hands from here face and grabs the door handle. As she pulls it, Dustin locks it. She pulls on it one more time before looking back at Dustin. "Why...why won't the door open?" A smile forms on his face. "You know what? On second thought, I don't think I'm quite finished with you yet."

On cue, Savannah reaches around the seat and grabs Lexi by the neck. Lexi starts to panic as Savannah quickly starts to tighten her grasp and strangle her. She puts up a fight, her hands clawing at Savannah trying to pull them off, but in a few short seconds, her body goes limp in the seat. Dustin gets out of the car and opens the driver side door. He picks up her body and brings her around to the trunk. He places a piece of duct tape firmly across her mouth and ties her hands and feet tightly before closing the trunk with her in it.

Savannah moves up into the passenger seat as Dustin slides into the drivers seat. "Look what that freak did to me Dustin! She scratched my perfectly manicured hands all up!" She shows him her hands covered in red lines from where she was scratched. Dustin sighs. "They'll heal." They both buckle in as Dustin heads off.