Chapter Four.

Chapter Four.

Off to Hogwarts we go.

The next morning, Remus and Sirius was with Harry ready to send him off to Hogwarts together as they stood in front of the Hogwarts Express. Sirius was beaming as he placed his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Well, son, this is the first day of your second year at Hogwarts. Now hopefully, this year will go smoothly and if you forgot anything at home, just send Hedwig and I'll make sure it is in your hands again soon," said Sirius, as he looked at his son.

"Sure dad. Can I come back home for Christmas holidays?" asked Harry.

Sirius was silent. "I'm more or less wanted to know if I could come and spend it with you at Hogwarts. I have to find an item that we got taken from James when we were in school – a map that we created when we were in school."

"Map, a map of what?" asked Harry.

"The school itself with all the secret passages there, the map can even tell you where anyone is. I just hope that old bastard didn't burn it!" snapped Sirius.

"The Marauder's Map, I was hoping that you or James got it back from that old coot," Remus said.

"Oh you could have done it, Remus. You were not ever in his ire like we were." Sirius softly punched his shoulder as they walked towards the train with Harry.

"Hi Fred, hi George, they're in my house, dad. They might be able to find it," said Harry, waving at the two Weasley twins.

"Well, we do have time to talk with them before the train leaves." Sirius said, as they headed over to the twins who were being warned by their mother not to get into any more mischief in school. "That sounds like us when we were in school!"

"You and James were always getting warned by your parents to behave!" snapped Remus, playfully smacking his arm.

Fred and George looked on smiling. "You mean James and you were mischievous little wizards in school?"

"Oh we were more than that, my dear boy! We were and still are the Marauders!" Sirius smirked. "Mrs. Weasley, if you don't mind, we need to speak with these two for a bit. We'll make sure that they get on the train."

"Well, all right." Molly said, as she quickly walked away with Ginny and Ron down to a carriage.

"Forge and Gred, or George and Fred Weasley, these two are known for their mischief in school. This is my dad Sirius, my 'adopted' dad, that is." Harry said. "He needs your help on something."

"We need you two for a little hunt; you do not mind doing a little mischief for us? Hopefully, that old git Fitch didn't burn the map." Sirius said.

Both Fred and George looked at them shocked. Fred pulled out an old looking parchment and before they could pull out their wand. Sirius had his wand out and it was on the map itself and was already speaking, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

The map revealed Hogwarts School and where everyone was at that time. Harry was surprised to see such a map of the school. "What is this thing?"

"Your father helped me create this map, Harry. This is called the Marauder's map or the Marauders' Map, either way. We used it to sneak in and out of school when we were not supposed to be out of the school. It was some wild times,"

Remus smiled as he watched as Sirius spoke about the old time in school. He looked up at the clock and saw it was close to time to get on the train. "Sirius, we should really let the boys get on the train or we'll be taking them to Hogsmeade to get to school."

Sirius turned to look at him looking up at the clock. "Merlin's beard, I'm going to make you three late for the train! Mischief managed! Here use it during the school year boys and don't let anyone find it!"

Harry, Fred and George all nodded and raced for the train in time to get on it and head for their seats. Harry looked out of the window to see Sirius and Remus standing there waving goodbye to him, he quickly opened the window and stuck part of his arm out and waved bye to them. He knew he would be seeing them this Christmas and it brightened his day.

Ron, Hermione and Ginny were watching him as he sat down in the seat. "You look happy, Harry."

"I am happy for once, Hermione. I never been this happy since my folks was alive. I have a father now and I have friends now." Harry said. "Everything is going great and this year is going to be absolutely fantastic!"

Harry and Ron had more trouble getting their bags to Hogwarts than ever before. Ron's trunk fell open several times and they had to gather all his clothes up and try not to dirty them as much as they already had been. They reached the staircase and found the others' luggage and pets had already been placed alongside the wall.

"I think we missed dinner and the sorting, Harry, and I think we are in a load of trouble."

"What makes you think that, Ron?" asked Harry, seeing that Ron had gone awfully pink in the ears and followed his gaze to see the black cloak of the most hated Professor in school standing at the top of the stairs.

"I am quite curious as to why the two of you are late coming to dinner?" Snape hissed.

"It was my trunk. It kept falling open as I was hauling it to the cart, sir." Ron said.

"It is true sir," Harry spoke. "You can try it yourself."

"Then, let us see if you are speaking the truth, Mr. Weasley." Snape growled off, as he walked over to Ron's trunk and lifted it up to have it fall open spilling its content onto the marble floor. "Fair enough, I'll bypass your tardiness and not suggest to Dumbledore to expel both of you from this school. You might want to hurry if you don't want to miss the sorting. It is almost over."

Harry and Ron didn't waste a second standing there with Snape; they hurried into the Great Hall and found their seats just as Minerva McGonagall was taking the Hat away. They had missed the sorting. Ron looked down the row of new students to see Ginny sitting there. She got in their House – that thrilled him.

"So what took you so long?" whispered Hermione.

"My trunk broke open too many times while we were getting it to the cart. I decided to take it here myself. Harry helped collect my escaped clothes from my trunk. Seemed that my lock kept coming off every few minutes, I think someone hexed my lock to open up on me several times." Ron said.

Harry nodded, "Then when we finally get here. Snape tried to expel us!"

"So who do you know who would hex your trunk, Ron?" asked Hermione, looking at Ron.

"I think it would most likely be my brothers who hexed my trunk," said Ron.

"Will you get them back for it?" asked Seamus.

"Nah, if I do, they'll just get me back later. I think I'll tell mum about it. They'll get into trouble with her and that will be great by me," Ron said, as he picked up his pumpkin juice and sipped it.

Harry, Seamus and Hermione wondered what Molly would be saying to Fred and George and would it come by a Howler or by owl post.

To be continued . . .