Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

Another field trip.

Lockhart was back in class the following day and the smell was gone from his room. He looked very cheerful. "All right class. I'm asking everyone who has an Owl to step forward."

"What do you need an owl for?" Gretchen asked looking at Lockhart strangely.

"What are we doing now?" Ron asked.

"To be used to send permission slips to your parents. Today, I'm taking you on a field trip!" smiled Lockhart.

"Where will we be going?" Draco asked.

"My owl is sick with a cold." Longbottom said.

"Where are we going?" Another student asked.

"A field trip that everyone will enjoy. Now I want those owls here and ready to fly," spoke Lockhart.

"First tell us where are you going?" one of the Slytherin students demanded.

"Diagon Alley," spoke Lockhart.

"But sir, we been there," said Ron, shocked that they were heading there.

"Yes, there's a store there that is good," spoke Lockhart. "Now, where are those owls?"

Harry whistled for Hedwig, a few moments later, she showed up. Harry turned to Lockhart and got the slip of paper from him. He wrapped it up and placed it in her beak and told her to go to his father Sirius and return with the answer immediately.

Lockhart spoke, "We will require your Owls to go through the floo network. So bring them over here."

Harry carried Hedwig to the fireplace and watched as Lockhart reached for the floo powder. "Uh, sir, maybe it should be done by someone else?"

"Don't be silly I know what I'm doing," Lockhart said.

"Uh, sir, she happens to be my first birthday present from Hagrid. I don't want her to be hurt," spoke Harry, looking at Hedwig.

"Very well, Mr. Weasley, you can throw the floo powder in," spoke Lockhart.

"No," said Ron.

"No?" asked Lockhart. "Why not?"

"I don't trust you," Ron said.

"Harry, you can grab a pinch of the floo powder and in a clear voice yell out, your father's place," spoke Lockhart. "Ron shall throw Hedwig into the green flame."

"I will not!" Ron snapped.

Gretchen snickered as she realized what was going to happen in the next minute or so. She nudged Morrigan and Draco.

"You will be having detention with me tonight, Mr. Weasley," spoke Lockhart. "Seamus, you shall throw the floo powder into the fire and Harry shall throw Hedwig into the flames."

"I'm tired of going to Diagon Alley," Morrigan complained.

"Like hell I will you idiot," spoke Seamus.

"Very well, since I had figured you would be this resistant to sending your owls through the floo network. I've sent letters to your parents or grandparents before you came into class. Everyone is allowed to go to Diagon Alley." Lockhart said, as he smiled cheerfully at all the students. "Seamus and Ron will be having detention with me tonight after dinner."

Harry and Gretchen both looked with sorrow written in their eyes at the two students. They, both know that they will not be wanting to get detention again with Lockhart after tonight is over.