Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.
Howlers.

It was dinner when Sirius noticed Hedwig flying into the room and landed next to him. A letter was in her beak. He wondered if it was another permission slip to go on another field trip. He opened it and started to read the letter quietly, he placed the letter down a few seconds later.

Remus noticed this move. "Sirius, what's wrong? Is Harry okay?"

"Harry's okay, but their new DADA teacher is an idiot as Harry put it. He says and I quote. 'Lockhart is not teaching us one thing in our class with him. What he did the first day was give us a quiz about himself and then he opened a cage full of freshly caught pixies and told us meaning Ron, Hermione and myself to catch them as he dashed up to his office and hid. Then, there was the dueling club he held. He didn't do that well with that either. He took us on a field trip to a bookstore! A bookstore where he proceeded to leave us to read other books while he took the opportunity to do a book signing event! We were there for three hours without our teacher even looking in on us! And on the way back to Hogwarts, he lost one of the students. Dad, we as in the other students and I know his next field trip will not deal with school but himself.' End quote. Remus, I read part of those books that Harry got and I thought he was a pretty good author, but now with what Harry told us. I think Lockhart is an idiot professor who needs to be removed and a better teacher replacing him." Sirius stated.

"You know Dumbledore sent me a letter about a couple days ago, asking me if I wouldn't mind becoming the DADA teacher next year. I think he knows that Lockhart will not be serving more than one year there." Remus replied, looking at Sirius. "I think I will take him up on the offer and maybe get Severus Snape to brew my Wolfsbane for me each month."

"Remus, tomorrow I think we will go see Harry at school. I want to meet this teacher . . . Professor Lockhart in person and sit in on one of his classes before I lodge a complaint against him with Dumbledore." Sirius stated.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I want to see how he teaches before I make a complaint." Sirius stated, before sending the Owl back with a response to Harry.

Remus agreed as he too was curious about the way that this teacher was teaching his best friend's son.

The next morning, Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at the Gryffindor table when many Owls came flying into the Great Hall carrying red letters were seen in the air. Harry turned to the Slytherin table and whispered loudly, "Draco! Take a look in the air. Howlers!"

Draco looked up and saw them as did everyone else, even the teachers noticed the Howlers that were coming. Were they for Lockhart or for Dumbledore? They didn't know until the first one landed in front of Dumbledore and opened.

"WHO EVER HEARD OF SMILING AT A BANSHEE, COME ON DUMBLEDORE YOU AND I KNOW YOU DON'T SMILE AT A BANSHEE! HOW IS HARRY GOING TO DEFEND HIMSELF AGAINST THE DARK ARTS BY THIS TEACHER? WHEN HE HAS TO, I DOUBT THEY WOULD CARELESS WHAT KIND OF HAIR GEL LOCKHART USES! AND ANOTHER THING WHAT IS WITH THESE USELESS FIELDTRIPS? THIS MAN IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE! HE LOST HIS ONE OF HIS STUDENTS DURING ONE OF THEM! HE ISN'T TEACHING THE STUDENTS HE IS DOING THEM HARM! I WANT HIM FIRED!"

Everyone looked at Dumbledore to see his face but there was no emotion of any kind on his face. Suddenly, another Howler dropped down, but this time on Lockhart's plate. Lockhart quickly whipped out his wand and said, "Obliviate,"

The Howler looked strange and the burst into flames. Everyone was stunned, they never thought that a spell could stop a Howler.

Another one dropped down on his plate and opened before he could wave his wand. "WHAT KIND OF TEACHER ARE YOU TO ALLOW YOUR STUDENTS TO COLLECT THE PIXIES THAT YOU RELEASED FROM THEIR CAGE WHILE YOU BOLT BACK UP TO YOUR OFFICE TO HIDE FROM THE PIXIES? I WILL TELL YOU! YOU ARE AN IDIOT TEACHER, MR. LOCKHART! YOU ARE NOT WHAT I WOULD CALL A PROFESSOR OF THE DARK ARTS, MORE LIKE THE PROFESSOR OF LIES! AND WHAT KIND OF TEACHER DISMISSES CLASSES FOR PETTY REASONS AND SHOWS UP TWO HOURS LATE FOR CLASS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS!"