Chapter Ten.

Chapter Ten.
The beginning of the distrust.

In the hospital wing of Hogwarts, Hagrid placed the bundle down on one of the beds while Snape gave his report to Dumbledore.

"I must reinstate my objections to having Gilderoy Lockhart here as a teacher, Dumbledore," whispered Snape, in a low growling tone.

"The students like him," said Dumbledore.

"The students do not like him. The students from my House despise Lockhart. They tell me everything that he does in class and there is really no lessons being done." Snape informed Dumbledore.

"Well, he's letting the students warm up to him," Dumbledore said.

Snape growled. "No sir, the students do not like him for the lessons that he is doing is not what should be taught in this school."

"He's just warming the students up,"

"For an easy kill,"

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"Meaning if those students have any troubles, the lessons he's teaching them will not help them!" snapped Snape.

"Is it just your House not liking him or is it all the Houses?"

"I believe it is all the Houses, Dumbledore, not just mine," spoke Snape.

Hagrid turned around and spoke, "Dumbledore, sir, Lockhart is new at teaching. He will make mistakes. Let him learn from them."

Snape said, "Learn from them! Ha! Lockhart doesn't believe he's doing anything wrong in his teaching methods."

Dumbledore spoke, "The school year is still young. He may improve by Christmas. I will not hear about any more objections to Lockhart's teaching here. Now where did you find young Longbottom?"

"Knockturn Alley, sir," spoke Hagrid.

"How far into the Alley?" asked Dumbledore, turning towards Hagrid.

"Far enough to get lost there," Snape replied, as they walked out of the hospital wing.

"I see, now what are your recommendations on field trips?" asked Dumbledore.

"Not letting Lockhart do it alone," spoke Snape.

"He's a menace, Dumbledore. Look what he did to Longbottom!" Hagrid snapped. "Lockhart never once checked on how many students went through the gate before he went through. Harry told me that he went through first and then the students followed behind him."

"Let us talk about this in my office," spoke Dumbledore as he noticed that the students were watching the teacher and the groundskeeper snap at Dumbledore. They went into his office where they spoke about Lockhart.

About half an hour later, both men came out of the office not very happy. They headed towards their respective home. Snape strode into the common room of the Slytherins with a 'do not bother me now or you will lose house points and I don't care if you are Slytherin or not' look. They stepped back and watched as he headed for the fire where he flung in a piece of paper.

Some wondered what the paper was, but they dared not to get the burning paper out of the fire to find out what it was. Snape was not leaving the room like he normally would.

"Professor Snape, are you okay?" asked Morrigan, looking at him.

"I'm just a bit pissed off at Dumbledore and that idiot teacher," Snape said.

"Do you mean the defense against the dark arts teacher Lockhart?" she asked, as she sat down in a chair opposite of Snape.

"Yes, I do not feel that he is doing the subject that he's teaching properly. He is not doing it justice nor to the school." Snape said.

"Think he should be fired?" asked Morrigan.

Snape breathed in and looked at her. "Yes, but Dumbledore refused as he is contracted for a year's duty as a teacher here."

"Isn't there a way to fire him or get him dismissed?" asked Morrigan, looking at him.

"I'm not sure, there has to be a way to get him removed before he does someone serious harm," Severus said.

"But how do we do that? If losing Longbottom was nothing to get worked up over and that would put him on notice, then I do not know what we can do to get him removed," said Morrigan.

"That's a good idea, Morrigan," Snape said.

"I could write a letter to the higher up and report Mr. Lockhart if Dumbledore is too stupid to do anything about it. I guess I have to take matters into my own hands WITHOUT his help."

"I would just do the letter to the school board and alert anyone who wishes to report him, even include other Houses," Snape said, as he stood up and walked towards the entry and left the common room.

Please leave me a review on this chapter.

Thanks.

TBC . . .