Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.

The group of students led by Gilderoy Lockhart walked towards Diagon Alley's bookstore Flourish and Blotts. Lockhart walked in and went up the stairs to where the defense books were located at. He motioned them to gather around as he cleared his throat. "Class, I want you to read the defense books that are on this wall. There are at least twenty books and some of them are mine so you do not have to read them. I have to deal with the manager of the store about an appearance. I'll be back in fifteen minutes."

They watched as he walked down the stairs and soon vanished into the back room. They turned back to the book racks and picked up one of the many books there. The students all started to read the various books on how to defend themselves against the dark arts. The books they read was more informational than the books that Lockhart wrote and made them read in his class. Hermione talked with some of the Gryffindor students and got them to discuss what they learned from the books. Some of the others did the same with their fellow students.

About three hours later, their voices were now being drowned out by many female voices down below.

"Hey what's going on?" Laurie Branchgen a Ravenclaw student asked looking up from her book.

"I don't know, but I'll check it out," said Morrigan, as she stood up and walked towards the railing and gazed down to see a huge line of women holding books in their arms. She headed downstairs with Ron by her side. Once at the bottom of the stairs, they saw the poster of their teacher. It said autograph session. They looked at each other and knew that they been tricked into coming so Lockhart could do an autograph session. They both hurried up the stairs.

"You are not going to believe this!" Ron said.

Draco walked by the banister and looked down. "Oh no!" Several students looked down as they saw a long line of witches holding Lockhart books in hand.

"What happen?" Longbottom asked.

"We been conned into coming here. It's a publicity event for Lockhart's new book, 'Dancing with Demons'. He's down there signing autographs for them," Morrigan snapped, angrily.

"You got to be joking, Morrigan! He couldn't be doing that! He said that he was going to go talk to the store manager!" said one of the Gryffindors.

"For three hours! I don't think so!" yelled Draco.

"Take a look downstairs." Morrigan stated, pointing towards the staircase.

The students all looked downstairs and saw the long line of witches standing there all chattering about Lockhart. Hermione was shocked had she been wrong about Lockhart just wanting to talk to the manager about them being up there. She had to find out now. She headed down the stairs and made her way to Lockhart's side.
"Oh good, you're here. You can help him hand out the books, Hermione," Lockhart said.

"Uh sir, we're late for our next class," Hermione said, pointing towards the other students.

"What do you mean?" Lockhart said, as he glanced up to the students who were looking down at him and then he glanced over at the clock. "Merlin's beard, I made you all late! Sorry, my dear ladies! But I must get my class back to school! Class, grab your bags and get down here now! We're heading back to Hogwarts!"

They went rushing down the stairs and started to head back to the station where they headed for Hogwarts. Once, at the station house in Hogsmeade, they all rushed back to Hogwarts and got to their last class of the day.

Please leave me a review on this chapter.

Thanks.

TBC . . .