Chapter 9

January 3

Christmas break was nothing but hell. The first few days I didn't sleep at all because my mind kept on replaying what had happened between me and Harry on the last day of school before Christmas break had started. And when I wasn't thinking about that, I was thinking, no dreading as I marked each day off of the calendar. I had stomach knots when I marked off the 24th on my calendar, but like every other year, I didn't even get a simple 'Happy birthday' from anyone.

Christmas was horrible too. I had woken up to find my bedroom window sealed shut from ice. When I had wiped the fog off of the window, I felt like I was going to be sick when I seen all the perfectly white snow that covered the ground and had yet to be touch, that wouldn't be touched. I can't lie and say I wasn't tempted to go out there and play in it, because I had wanted to. But I remembered the last time I had played in the snow, which was with my dad, and the thought instantly vanished from my mind.

Today was the first day back to school, which meant I would have new classes. I had to force myself to climb out of bed and even get dressed that day. I had been too lazy to care about what I wore, so I just decided on a simple pair of grey jeggings and my only black hoodie that I had left. My other one was in the laundry room, if you could even call it that, and it had blue stains littered across the front of it. I had scrubbed, and scrubbed, and scrubbed it, but that stupid blue shit wouldn't come out of it.

Gritting my teeth at the memory, I pushed the front door to the school open with more force than was necessary. The metal door swung back on its hinges and hit against the wooden wall loudly before it swung back towards me. I huffed and side stepped it, my fingernails digging into the palms of my hands. I was very grumpy today, and I had no idea why.

Stop lying. Seth is coming back today.

Frowning at the thought, I stopped by the office to get my new schedule but they informed me that one of Mrs. Black's students had already came in to get it. When I asked them a name, the woman shrugged and said that he was too new and that she had yet to catch onto his name. That was the only information I needed to know that it was Harry that had came and got my bloody schedule. Jen probably didn't even send him either.

I stomped down the hallway, the sound my feet were making going unnoticed because of all the noise that filled the hallways. I turned around the corner quickly and almost collided with someone. My vision was filled with a red and black, and before I had the chance to step back, someone was pushing me against the wall.

My head bounced off of the wall and my back scream in pain as thumbtacks dug into it. I hissed softly in pain, tears pricking my eyes, and slowly looked up. Fear flooded my body and began coursing through my veins when I seen who was standing in front of me. "Watch where you're going, faggot." Seth growled, his lips parting a little and revealing his white teeth. His hand on my arm tightened painfully, his dull fingernails digging into my flesh through the material of my hoodie.

"I-I'm sorry." I squeaked out, trying to push his hand off of my arm but all that resulted in was him tightening his grip. I could feel as he curled his fingers and made his fingernails curl deeper into my skin, and finally, they broke through the skin. I whimpered loudly and started to struggle against his hold, my vision going in and out.

"You're lucky I have to get to class, or i'd show you what little queers like you deserve." With that, he shoved my back a little harder, then let go and walked down the hallway. I let out a deep breath and instead of sliding down to the ground like I had wanted to, I began to run to Jen's room.

I had to guess which way I was going because tears were blurring my vision as they continued to slide down my cheeks. My left bicep was throbbing and I could feel as the blood began to seep into my shirt and hoodie. My head was throbbing too, from how hard I had hit it against the wall, but I pushed through the pain and focused on trying to get to Jen's classroom.