Chapter 11

It's been a few days since I have come to the unsettling realization that I, Louis Tomlinson, have my very first crush on the one and only Harry Styles. It wasn't that bad, considering how nice Harry is to me, but what if this little friendship was just his way of proving himself to the school jocks? But then again, he beat up Seth so I highly doubt that my worries are true.

Sniffling quietly, I shook my head and returned to the task at hand. I was supposed to be taking down the Christmas decorations, that being my punishment for skipping school. Harry, who was none to happy about it, got bathroom duty. He had to scrub the toilets, clean the stalls, scrub the sinks and mop the floor, plus put more toilet paper and paper towels in their containers.

I would much rather that job, honestly. I looked like a complete moron stretching up on my tippy toes to reach for the stupid holiday decorations. Harry would be able to reach them with no problem, but me? Nope. I was to fucking short to do anything without having to step up on something to give me that little extra boost. Damn me and my unwanted shortness.

Growling, the noise quiet and not at all threatening, I climbed up onto the bench that was next to the Christmas tree and pressed against the wall. I leaned forward and began to take off the ornaments one by one, ignoring one of the branches from the tree that continued to poke my stomach. They were plastic, so instead of getting down and putting them in the box, I just threw them down into the brown cardboard box. I continued this until the tree was completely bare, along with the hallway it was in and the rest of the hallways, which I have cleared throughout the day.

I smiled in satisfaction and climbed down from off the bench. With all the strength I had, I bent down up picked up the ridiculously heavy box and put it onto the cart. I knew I should have done it before hand, but the idea didn't click to me until after I had already put all the decorations in it. Shaking my head, I wiped away the small layer of sweat that coated my forehead and began to push the cart across the hallway and towards the front office.

I glanced across the hallway and smiled. Only a few feet away from me was where Harry had pulled me to the side of the hallway, then made me follow him outside. I was so lost in thought that I didn't see that wall I was about to run into, until I did. My stomach hit into the bar on the cart and the box shuffled forward a little, but didn't fall off. I whined and used one hand to steer the cart and used the other to rub my stomach.

"Stupid shit." I mumbled, pushing the cart through the opened door. I looked up to ask them where they wanted the cart, but nobody was behind the desk. I internally shrugged and pushed the cart further into the room, then turned left down the hallway. I took a few steps and stopped when I reached the door that they used for storage.

I inhaled deeply and held my breath as I pushed open the large door. I maneuvered the cart into the room, having a little bit of difficulty, and blew out my deep breath. I left the cart by the wall and quickly left the room. Not many students were allowed in there, but I was one of the few that were. They allowed me to go in all the restricted areas in this school that was only for teachers, but I rarely did. It made me feel uncomfortable and like I was invading their privacy.

Whistling under my breath, I walked through the door and grabbed my backpack from by the tree. There was no way in hell I was going to even attempt to take down the Christmas tree without someone's help. With my luck, the tree would fall over on top of me and i'd suffocate before anyone even realized I was under there, or gone for that matter.

I brushed past the other office aid, who I believes name is Taylor, and continue my way down the hallway. I had no idea where I was walking to until I found myself standing in front of the boy's bathroom. Rolling my eyes, I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled it before I pushed the door open. My nostrils were instantly attacked with the smell of urine, stinky feet, and another odor that I had no idea what it was.